We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from I Drive to Universal - Short cuts?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from I Drive to Universal - Short cuts?

Hi, I have been looking at google earth and am wondering if there are any short cuts to city walk, without have to walk all the way along Universal boulevard to the parking/bus drop off point.

It looks like there is a pathway off Hollywood Way that would take you to the bridge at the end of city walk, is the accessible?

Thanks in advance.

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from I Drive to Universal - Short cuts?

If you look on Streetview it appears to end at a locked gate, it's probably an emergency exit only. I think you have to go via the bus stop area as IRC that area has a bag-check station you need to go through, also brings you out onto UniBlvd on the side that has the sidewalk.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from I Drive to Universal - Short cuts?

The portion of Hollywood Way between Royal Pacific and Universal Blvd is not meant to be walkable - there isn't a sidewalk/footpath and notably no controlled pedestrian crosswalk at the big intersection with Universal Blvd. I'd call that route inaccessible from the direction you are coming

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from I Drive to Universal - Short cuts?

Nothing add to the above, but now I'm going to spend the next hour poring over Google Maps.

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from I Drive to Universal - Short cuts?

Thanks guys, thought that may be the case, not to worry, it's only a few yards extra from the intersection, which I did look at street view and yes 1031Orlando, there did not appear to be a pedestrian crossing, don't fancy dodging the traffic.lol

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from I Drive to Universal - Short cuts?

Sudlow - lol, if you find a way, let me know, cheers!

6. Re: Walking from I Drive to Universal - Short cuts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:18