We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal kingdom

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south shields
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Animal kingdom

Hi all was wondering if animal kingdom is worth a visit or are we better off spending the day in a different park? We are going as a party of 12 the oldest being 64 and the youngest being 1. X

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal kingdom

All parks are worth a visit but that is just my opinion. There are good bits from each park including AK.

Howwood, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal kingdom

Personally I think animal kingdom is one of the better parks to visit,

UK
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal kingdom

Of course :) Plenty to do for all ages. We love the safari ride, the train ride to Rafiki's planet watch and petting the goats, digging in Dino Dig (little ones), riding Dinosaur, Kali RIver Rapids, Expedition Everest, watching moneys, hunting out Tigers, visiting Gorillas, doing the character trails, watching the Lion King Show & Nemo Show and eating at Yak & Yeti

I have been many times but have yet to see the Flight of Wonder show ... that's on my to do list for next time!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,626 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal kingdom

It is well worth going to and a very good park IMHO. Something to do for everyone. Have a look at their website and see what there is to do there.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal kingdom

The 64 year Old will love Epcot!!!!

pa
Level Contributor
53,704 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal kingdom

Animal Kingdom is a very unique and well worth visiting :)

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/…ak-overview.htm

New Orleans
Level Contributor
122 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Animal kingdom

For us, it was worth a half-day visit. Of course, we didn't have interest in any of the shows - if your party is into seeing the shows, a full day would be needed.

We found Animal Kingdom to be a lot hotter and involve a lot more walking than the other Disney parks.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Animal kingdom

I would not advise skipping AK. We just got back last week and this was our 2nd favorite (behind MK). Although there are not a lot of rides the ones they do have are great. Especially the safari, which is great for all ages. Also the Nemo show was awesome!

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
701 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Animal kingdom

I would go. Something for everyone there. Some, but not many, great rides (love Expedition Everest). Very good shows. The safari ride and just the detail through out the park is amazing in my opinion.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Animal kingdom

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Animal Kingdom. Didn't like it at all. You can go to a zoo/safari park in the UK and the rides weren't that great. Was also the most crowded. Time better spent at Universal, IOA & MK IMO.