We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bounceback offer

Stoutsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
308 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bounceback offer

Is it worth booking? Do you need to pay in full or can you just put a deposit down?

pa
Level Contributor
54,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bounceback offer

You only need to pay a Deposit

If it is a "Package" Bounceback, the deposit is $200, balance is due 45 days prior to arrival

If it is a "Room Only Discount" Bounceback, the deposit s equal to 1 nights room rate, balance due at check in

We have booked the Bounceback offers many times, especially the Free Dining Offers because it is never guaranteed they will offer the Free Dining Deals for the following year so best to grab it when you can. You can always Modify your reservation if something better comes along later

Stoutsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
308 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bounceback offer

Thanks!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bounceback offer

When you call, be sure to inquire about "all" bounce back offers. They may or may not be posted in your room. Could be "free dining" or "room discounts" offered with different return dates.

Also ask about specific accommodations, if they are important to you. We have been offered a "garden view", etc. but really wanted "club level" and it was "unavailable". When I've called back (because I just couldn't believe this) the answer was "garden view club level" is unavailable. Turns out there were 4 other "club level" categories available, just not "garden view" which I hadn't even asked for. It's all about asking the right questions.

Enjoy!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bounceback offer

So you can get a bounce back even if the offer is not in your room??? Wish I had researched this before we went! :-(

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bounceback offer

I never knew this either. I go every year now and wish I knew this! I had one in my room last may but it was only good till the end of the year dates which would be too close to book again.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bounceback offer

We just got back today and totally would have rebooked! Oh well. Hopefully, something good will come along for next year.

pa
Level Contributor
54,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bounceback offer

Yes, you can always call, while you are there, to ask about any Bounceback offers

NJ
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bounceback offer

I called when I got home and they said if it was not in your room, you did not get one. I guess that is not true. Glad to know for next time. I will stick that little bit of great info in my file!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bounceback offer

When I was at POR I asked at the lobby and the girl knew nothing about it...she asked someone else and they said no, there were none. This was last December.

This time at AOA I asked at the lobby and the guy said if there was one, Housekeeping would have left something in the room, but it would be for a luxury resort and not AOA. He said he would check and have someone leave it in the room if there was one. No one left anything in the room, so when I saw a housekeeper I asked, and she was completely clueless about it. I called the Housekeeping number, and the woman there said there was none and that there had not been any in awhile.

So we have not had good luck in getting any bounceback offers! In fact, my Dreams Unlimited agent even emailed me before we left to tell me to look out for them, which is why I did make a point to pursue it.

pa
Level Contributor
54,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bounceback offer

I do try and post this info several times a year, sorry not everyone has seen it :(

IF there is No Bounceback Offer readily available IN your Resort Room ( in the past there has Been A Flyer, Now, the Offer, when available, is inside the Resort Information Packet that every room gets) you can Call ext. 8844 from your Resort Room Phone and ask what the current Offers are