We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult Fun

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
576 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Adult Fun

How is Downtown Disney compared to City Walk? Which would you do?

Thanks!!

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult Fun

We prefer Downtown Disney, a more "family" atmosphere ( we like that even when there aren't any kids with us :) Plenty of restaurants, bars and entertainment.

And the Parking is Free

Edited: 11 July 2013, 18:59
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,313 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult Fun

Plenty of bars etc at City Walk too and probably a bit more of an adult vibe than Downtown Disney.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult Fun

There are many similarities. For example, both have movie theaters and numerous theme restaurants. CityWalk has Blue Man Group and Downtown Disney has Cirque. CityWalk has mini golf and Downtown Disney has bowling. Notably, parking is free at Downtown Disney and you pay at CityWalk which shares parking with the theme parks in one of two giant parking garages ($16 day $5 after 6pm). Overall, Downtown Disney is bigger with more to occupy your time. It's very family friendly. Lots of shopping and dining. There are many fun places to have a drink, but not so much a place to go out drinking if that makes sense. It is a place you can go just to walk around/for something to do. Conversely, if I went to CityWalk it would be with a purpose most likely eating dinner or to go out drinking. There is more emphasis on the bars and "adult fun" as you call it. If you weren't eating or drinking there really wouldn't be much to occupy your time.

Edited: 11 July 2013, 19:20
Hull, UK
Level Contributor
845 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult Fun

I agree with the posts, both are wonderful places to spend time at, but it all depends on the 'adult fun' you want, is it just drinking or drinking and meals etc? I tend to spend time at both places when im there, but both have different vibes.

When we went to city walk, we were able to get drinks, watched some live music outside etc where as downtown disney was more of a family feeling in the evening, more for an evening meal then go shopping, a game of bowling and so forth.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult Fun

So there you have it DTD is more family orientated

I believe it is cheaper to park at city walk after 6.30pm

6. Re: Adult Fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:19