We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood Disney Studios revamp?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull, UK
Level Contributor
845 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hollywood Disney Studios revamp?

So ive been reading up alot thanks to folks here on the new developments at universal and magic kingdom and came across things about hollywood studios getting a total revamp??? anyone have any info on this?

I read that mickeys hat is going from the main street, muppet vision 3d is going aswel as a few other things like the indiana jones stunt show and some of the dining areas. i did also hear about a whole star wars land area being built there with a whole new cantina themed food court etc??

regarding the muppets part, i was sad to read that this was going, as i think muppets is a great attraction on every visit, but its supposed to be having an updated muppets replacement so not too bad maybe?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,759 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood Disney Studios revamp?

I believe Muppets is due for a short scheduled refurb soon, but I'm not aware that involves changes. Admittedly I don't follow any of the gossip type sites, but I think what you read is someone's wish list. There is certainly a lot of potential should they choose to make an investment especially with recent acquisition of LucasFilm to expand the Star Wars stuff. They have Pixar and Marvel as well. They could do a lot of cool stuff if they wanted. And maybe they will. Some day. It's the same old same old for now if you are coming anytime soon.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood Disney Studios revamp?

I had heard that the car stunt show is going and cars land is going to replace it, and the backlit tour I believe is going too, but I haven't heard of any other rides going. They can't get rid of the Muppets, I love the Muppets lol

Edited: 11 July 2013, 21:33
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood Disney Studios revamp?

Backlot tour*

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood Disney Studios revamp?

Most of what you read is rumor and as 1031 says 'wish list'

None of it is happening anytime soon

Check current rehabs and closings at

http://allears.net/tp/rehabs.htm

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood Disney Studios revamp?

Phew!! I love the muppet show too. :0)

Hull, UK
Level Contributor
845 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood Disney Studios revamp?

thanks guys and thank you partypa, i love the muppets also, and it always seems to get a good crowd everytime ive been in!!

yeah i can understand the things i read as being wish list kinda stuff, altho the backlot tour going part is something i have read a few times.

i personally like hollywood studios, its less crazy then MK i think so can have more of a relaxed day, but still have that disney fix.

7. Re: Hollywood Disney Studios revamp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:19