We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning character breakfast - how early?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
948 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning character breakfast - how early?

I have booked Tuskar House for 8.20am but I want to be finished breakfast before the rope drop at 9am, how early would you say we’d get away with arriving for our reservation? I’d like to get in early too for a few photographs before it opens. Basically just want to know what time we’ll be let through the gates at.

UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning character breakfast - how early?

You will be very lucky to get breakfast finished by 9, the only way you could do it is if you skip the photo with Donald. We had our ADR at 8 and only arrived just before that and were let in straight away. You should be able to get in at least 20 mins before your ADR. Hopefully it won't be as busy at that time, but when we got there there was already a long queue to meet Donald which took at least 10 mins. We were finished with breakfast by 9.20 and still got to the safari before it got busy. Good luck!

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning character breakfast - how early?

I would try to check into Tusker House by 8. I had pretty good luck checking into our restaurants last year about 15 minutes early. Most had us seated well before our given time. I'd also try to enter AK as early as you can get there for some great pictures of the Tree of Life with very few people in the way. All the Photopass folks should be out already too.

Mentioned in this post
Tusker House Restaurant
Tusker House Restaurant
3,283 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Tree of Life
Tree of Life
1,862 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
948 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning character breakfast - how early?

I'm pretty sure last time we went it was 8am reservation and we made it out for rope drop but i def want to get the picture with Donald as I've bought the photopass plus option.

So excited, this was my favorite meal last time!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning character breakfast - how early?

We loved Tusker House and it was our favourite character breakfast too! So fun to go into the park early. Our reservation was at 8:00 and that was perfect - we were out of there by 8:40 but we didn't linger - 8:20 might be cutting it close. The way it seemed to me is that everyone who has breakfast reservations is let into the park but I think that you get sitted at specific tables according to your reservation time so that all the characters greet people in proper order - maybe that was just a coincidence but it worked very well.

Mentioned in this post
Tusker House Restaurant
Tusker House Restaurant
3,283 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
23,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning character breakfast - how early?

I think you re cutting it very close.Sometimes you can get in early for an ADR but I wouldn't count on it. Why rush through a fun meal?You won't have time for pictures. I would keep trying to get an earlier reservation thawn you have so you can enjoy the meal.

6. Re: Early morning character breakfast - how early?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 06:18