We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal ticket question

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Universal ticket question

We got our Universal tickets today for august and reading on the ticket you have to print and sign the ticket and from what I can gather, you have to counter-sign something everytime you visit Universal and they match it up?

Do they take it very seriously? if so what about young kids? As my niece just turned 6 last week but she can't really do signatures (joined up) as she's never really had to bother before. I don't see how they could expect a kids signature to match up to what would be on the ticket. Just seems weird that you would have to sign something everytime you visit?

Also, as a side question, are there many bakerys in Orlando that do birthday cake's? Because we want to throw a small birthday party for my niece and uncle whilst we're there. Do Walmart have a selection of cakes available or publix?

omaha, nebraska
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal ticket question

The first time you go through Universal Studios or Island Of Adventure, they scan the bar code on ticket and you put your index finger on a scanner--even the 6 year old will. Yes they turn it over to see name. We had not "signed" ours so they said "put your name on it". I wrote each of our first names on it and they were okay with that. Then any other time you go in, they scan ticket and you put your index finger on the scanner. It is easy and you move fast. You only put your name on the ticket once. It is the finger print they apparently are matching.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal ticket question

Publix have a huge range of cakes

St Margarets...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal ticket question

Always been really impressed with the range of cakes in Wallmart. Think they may even personalise them to order.

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
650 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal ticket question

My youngest is 5 . Disney let me sign her card and Universal said just to leave it blank. The rest of us get finger scanned at all the parks but none have ever scanned her.

And publix cakes. OMG. Amazing. Eldest daughter turned 18 whilst here and the choice was huge.

Edited: 17 July 2013, 17:51
5. Re: Universal ticket question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:17