We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbus Day weekend in Disney World

South Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Columbus Day weekend in Disney World

First off I apologize if this is a long question. That being said we're planning on taking our 2 1/2 year old daughter to Disney in the fall. My husband is a teacher with limited personal time (2 days!) so we are pretty much forced to go around a Holiday just to squeak out an extra day (travel day). We were thinking of going Columbus Day weekend. We would leaved Wednesday after work (10/9) and return Monday (10/14). This would give us all day Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm thinking most of our time will be spent at Magic Kingdom since our little one is still young. I was just wondering what can I expect in terms of crowds. I understand it's also the F&W at Epcot so I know that will attract folks. The only other thing I was contemplating was leaving Friday 10/11 and coming back Wednesday 10/16 (taking the other end of the Holiday weekend so that we'd have all day Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Do you think one set of dates is better than the next in terms of crowds? I appreciate the help!

pa
Level Contributor
54,090 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Columbus Day weekend in Disney World

We have been many times during the Columbus day weekend, the crowd levels are not crazy, you will manage just fine. I would go with the dates that work best for your flights,

There will be plenty for your little one to enjoy at all 4 Parks, I would plan to visit each one for a full day

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Columbus Day weekend in Disney World

I've been to WDW twice during the Columbus day weekend holiday. That Saturday and Sunday are rather crowded - especially at Epcot during the F&W Festival. But if that when you are able to go - I'd still go! I would attend Epcot on a weekday if possible. When going to MK - go early, like at rope drop.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Columbus Day weekend in Disney World

Columbus Day weekend is not horrible for crowds, as noted above. One thing not noted is above is that the Mickey's Not So Scary Haloween Party is going on at MK on certain nights in October, so you have to leave MK by 7 that evening unless you have a separate extra-cost ticket for the party. See this:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm

4. Re: Columbus Day weekend in Disney World

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:18