We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Resort with Disney Shuttle Bus

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
87 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando Resort with Disney Shuttle Bus

Hello helpers,

I am looking to book a resort with shuttle bus to Disney. Are there non-disney owned resorts with shuttle bus?

I prefer Free shuttle bus as there are 4 adults + 3 kids, quite a group. The Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort was great but now charging like $6 per passenger per day!

If it comes with a fee, that's o.k too as I think there aren't many choices with shuttle bus. But do let me know why you like those resorts.

Thanks!

Sean

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,962 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Resort with Disney Shuttle Bus

Have you looked at the DTD resorts?They have a free bus every 30 minutes to the Disney parks. You could get two suites at the Doubletree Guest Suites or also lovely is the Buena Vista Palace.

pa
Level Contributor
54,793 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Resort with Disney Shuttle Bus

Any special reason you aren't looking at a Disney Resort stay ?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
87 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando Resort with Disney Shuttle Bus

DTD = Down Town Disney?

My wife told me Disney Resort is way expensive compared to other non-disney just outside of the gate, like Wyndham Bonnet or Lake Buena. We have family of 4 adults + 3 kids.

I know for fact the food inside Disney charges like 4x the price out there. :)

Thanks

pa
Level Contributor
54,793 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando Resort with Disney Shuttle Bus

I stay at Disney Resorts a lot and can assure you the food is not 4X the price of anywhere else, with that said, if you can go on certain dates, you get your food for Free. Disney Offers Free Dining for Resort Guests

We never pay full price, never need a car rental, always enjoy all the amenities at the Resorts and eat very well

More information if needed or wanted

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,962 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando Resort with Disney Shuttle Bus

Yes,Downtown Disney. There are 7 hotels there,not Disney hotels and much less expensive. Only the Hilton DTD offers the Extra Magic Hours.There's other nearby hotels with free shuttles but not that run on such a frequent basis.You can also walk to SR 535 to a variety of restaurants including those at the Crossroads.

6. Re: Orlando Resort with Disney Shuttle Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 06:19