We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Disney Resorts Question

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation to Disney Resorts Question

I will be in Orlando for a conference next week and staying at the Buena Vista Palace across the street from Downtown Disney. While I am there, I would like to visit some of the Disney resorts (particularly those on the monorail loop of Floridian, Contemporary, and Polynesian) for dinner or drinks in the evening.

I will not have a car during my stay. With respect to transportation, are you able to take the Disney bus from Downtown Disney to these Disney resorts? Would this be the best way to get to these resorts? Thank you in advance for your help.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Disney Resorts Question

Yes walk across the street to the DTD bus stop and hop on a bus to any resort you please, once to arrive at one of the monorail resorts you can use the monorail to visit the others then jump on a bus back to DTD. Buses run back to DTD until around 2am. try the Wave at the Contemporary for drinks and dinner, fab place and the have a great wine selection. The bartender also makes a mean Cosmo :)

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Disney Resorts Question

Perfect! Thank you for your help!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Disney Resorts Question

You can. Just be mindful that the same plan won't really work in the morning. And it isn't a good one for accessing the park. You should also be able to just get on your hotel's shuttle to the Magic Kingdom to reach the monorail. It ought to drop you at the Transportation and Ticket Center where you can get on the monorail. Not sure how you'll fare at the Resort restaurants without a reservation. Though you could go for drinks. And some of those also offer food. Don't discount the options right at Downtown Disney where you can walk up without reservations with a number of good choices - Raglan Road, House of Blues, Wolfgang Puck, and Paradiso among them.

4. Re: Transportation to Disney Resorts Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 22:44
Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,911 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Disney Resorts Question

No advertising !

6. Re: Transportation to Disney Resorts Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 07:19