We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do on rainy days

Indiana
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do on rainy days

We we just got to Orlando (Orange Lake Resort) yesterday. The weathers calling for rain today and all wknd:( I am needing some in expensive suggestions on things to do around Orlando on rainy days. We have 5 kids with us ranging from 9-17. We also were thinking about spending 1 day in Clearwater.any suggestions on boat tours that take u out on the ocean to see dolphins?

Thanks in advance!!

Gray Line Orlando
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Stone VIPS
Sightseeing Tours, Film & TV Tours
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
16,418 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do on rainy days

You could ask on the Clearwater forum about boat trips as they will probably have more knowledge of what is available.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,494 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do on rainy days

"The weathers calling for rain today and all wknd:"

I don't see that kind of forecast. I see a CHANCE of rain ranging from 40% to 10% over the next five days. That's no reason to make all indoor plans.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Orlando+FL+USFL0372:1:US

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,451 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do on rainy days

Nothing unusual about the forecast. I'm sure you'll see some storms, but get on with your swimming, beach, park plans. The % chance is not reason to cancel and make indoor plans. This is typical summer weather.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do on rainy days

I'd go over to DTD and watch a Movie. Expect Rain while your there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do on rainy days

If it's storming, I'd probably head to Downtown Disney or CityWalk for a movie or a visit to Disney Quest. If only raining...I'd throw on a poncho and still head to the parks. It never usually rains very long and parks could be a little less crowded because others are trying to avoid the rain. We've often visited when rain was forecast and not a drop fell or it rain in one part of the city, but not near parks. Don't worry about it.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do on rainy days

I'm also in Orlando now , we are a family of 4 , like stated above dont presume the day is a wash out just because rain is forecast

We get to a park about 8.30 and it doesn't usually rain until late afternoon , the rain doesn't last all that long sometimes but if it does do some indoor rides or catch a movie ,

We tend to leave then go back later at night

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
445 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do on rainy days

go to the dollar store and buy some $1 rain ponchos, keep them in your pocket, and go to the parks. If it does start raining, head for the rides. Most people will stand around, even with their ponchos on, and watch it rain. Meanwhile, the wait times for rides will be much less.

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do on rainy days

Go to the parks. Wait times will be reduced. As others have said. just make sure you are dressed appropriately. Its worth taking a backpack with some waterproof jackets in. You will need them for the water rides anyway.

When its raining and there is no lightening. I head to the water parks. They are often very quiet when the weather is bad and your going to get wet anyway. No need to worry about getting wet there. :) You will have to be careful though, whilst great if there is no lightening. If there is lightening, you wont be able to go on any rides due to safety reasons. However if there is only rain, no lightening in close proximity to the park you are fine.

9. Re: Things to do on rainy days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:18