We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea world shows information

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Topic
Sea world shows information

We r going to Sea world in August. I am intrested in Shamu Rock show @ 9:00 p.m. I dont want Signature Show Seating. What time should i go to watch the show? Are there enough seating? Do I have to pay for the show. This will be our first visit to Sea world, Any other advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea world shows information

Shamu Rocks is included in the price of your ticket, I would allow 30 to 45 mins before the show starts to secure a good central seat if that's important to you, take a few drinks/ snacks to make the time go quicker. There are seats at the front in the 'wet zone ' if you want to stay dry avoid these seats :)

Earlier in the day if you want to feed the dolphins, I think it was $7 for a tray of fish then allow at least 40 mins to an hour ( queue time ) before feeding starts as it is a very popular experience.

Va
Level Contributor
10,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea world shows information

You need to be there at least 1hr before the show. Essentially everyone in the park is there for it. It will be packed.

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea world shows information

I am not sure if shamu rocks is on In August? Thought I read somewhere that it stops in July. Hope I am wrong because we would like to see it when we go in late August.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea world shows information

The last "regularly scheduled" showing of Shamu Rocks is on August 11th. It will not be shown after this date except for August 31st.

If your trip includes dates before August 11th, I would plan on making your visit to SeaWorld before then if you want to see the Shamu Rocks show.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,768 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea world shows information

Summer Nights which includes Shamu Rocks goes through August 11 this year. It's included with park admission. With only one showing per night I would arrive at least 30 minutes in advance. But as with all shows on all days the time you need will depend on crowds and how important it is to you to sit in a certain area versus being happy with any seat. You ought to get a sense of how much time in advance you will need based on your experiences at other shows earlier in the day keeping in mind it is just the one showing for Shamu Rocks and much of the park will be headed there.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,768 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea world shows information

Just another note. Many will be going from the special Sea Lion show directly to Shamu Rocks. The schedule is such that going to both is possible. If you look at the show timing, it is such that those folks will be arriving about 20-30 minutes in advance.

Va
Level Contributor
10,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea world shows information

I was just there two weeks ago. If you weren't there an hour before, you were not getting in.

plumbridge
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea world shows information

Hi, i was there last Sunday and there was plenty of seating for every one. Just make sure you have a poncho or umbrella in case in "inclement weather"

9. Re: Sea world shows information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 06:20