We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsor Hills regulations

quebec, canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Topic
Windsor Hills regulations

Just found a review of WH and it seems that a proxy card is needed to get around the club house and pool? I understand that an adult has to be present for the children at the pool if they are under 16 but my boys are 11 and 14 - will I have to be present by their side for pingpong, pool, arcades, movies???? Thanks everybody.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsor Hills regulations

Pat, I wouldn't worry about it. I think the only time they really care about the age thing is at the gym and you have to be 18. I saw several kids playing ping pong, arcade games,pool and hanging at the pool with no parents. I think as long as they behave no one will say anything. My girls were 13 and 14 and they went by them selves and it was fine. We just got 2 cards (you just pay a $6 deposit that you get back when you turn the card in) and the kids just came and went as they wanted. I also saw kids in the store by themselves. We never made it to a movie so I don't know about that.

Ohio
Level Contributor
548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windsor Hills regulations

Looking at windsor hills. Have you stayed there and what do you think? Do they shuttle you to disney?

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windsor Hills regulations

Thanks Traciedee

Was following your reviews while you where there....thanks, it was great hearing all the positives, can't wait to go. Not looking forward to the long drive, approx. 24 hours from Quebec Canada but we are well equipped with DVD in van - we'll make it an adventure!!!

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windsor Hills regulations

Oops....Pat2505 and Jo2310 - same family.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windsor Hills regulations

Wow, Pat that is quite a drive. Dvd's are wonderful aren't they, for kids of all ages. When are you going?

Ohio, I don't know much about the shuttle. I have heard it is pretty expensive from WH and not overly convenient. If you have a car, you are so much better off driving. Driving to the parks is easy and I would think much quicker than waiting for the shuttle (Which I think only comes once or twice a day).

Also, if your kids get ping pong paddles or stuff for the pool tables, they will have to leave a $5 deposit which they get back when they return the equipment.

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Windsor Hills regulations

Traciedee,

We are leaving on July 22nd and have the condo at WH from July 24th to Aug. 7th - 2 full weeks of fun....Driving back we will also take our time - it seems we can get great deals on motels/hotels along the way so we're not going to rush it...thanks again for the info on the WH regulations - I was not looking forward to tagging along with my two boys everywhere on the property!!! we need a rest too!!

UK
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Windsor Hills regulations

The pool rules are for your family's safety - the pool has a separate controlled access to the game room. The great thing about the prox cards is that is keeps the resort facilities for the use of Windsor Hills guests only!

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Windsor Hills regulations

Yes, we have no problem attending the pool with the boys, we always do, but I was hoping that they could go see a movie, play arcades, pool etc... on their own. I glad to hear it is a separate access. Thanks for the input

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Windsor Hills regulations

Yes, we have no problem attending the pool with the boys, we always do, but I was hoping that they could go see a movie, play arcades, pool etc... on their own. I glad to hear it is a separate access. Thanks for the input

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Windsor Hills regulations