We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beginning to plan for mid Feb 2014 from the California

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
873 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Beginning to plan for mid Feb 2014 from the California

Beginner questions, staying about one week

1. Leaving from SFO or SJC, non stop economy flights preferred

2. What kind of cruises are available

3. any good package deals, flights, hotel

4. do we need a car, Disneyworld and Epcot center, Universal studios

5. We would consider VRBO. what towns are good for the activities we want

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,193 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beginning to plan for mid Feb 2014 from the California

You can find a few cruises which leave out from Port Canaveral, thie closest port to the Orlando area.

The need for a car depends on where you stay and how far you want to venture away from where you are staying. If Disney is your main destination, you can do without and use their transport for on property, then use the public busses or taxi to get you elsewhere.

If you want a villa or rental home from VRBO, I definitely recommend you get a rental car as most of these are not located near public transport.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,681 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beginning to plan for mid Feb 2014 from the California

If you belong to AAA or Costco, I would go there for packages and cruises. You can look at their websites to get ideas on cost and availability, but I think you need to be a member to book. All the major airlines offer packages as well.

If you want a quick cruise and Disney vacation there are nice 3 & 5 day cruises combined with park packages, but those would require staying on Disney property.

If you are renting a condo/villa offsite, yes you need a car.

For specific flight advice the Air Travel forum might be better.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Who is traveling? What ages? And what is your budget? Those things would all effect my recs on where to stay.

3. Re: Beginning to plan for mid Feb 2014 from the California

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 05:19