We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
319 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

Hi,

I plan on buying the BullFrog Sunscreen with insect repellent from Walmart when I arrive for during the day but on a night I am looking for a non deet insect repellent - does anyone have any recommendations please that I can buy in the UK?

Many Thanks,

Steph.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

Avon Skin so Soft is used in Scotland to repel midgies ad other biting beasties...

climbers and walkers swear by it.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

Skin so Soft - It does not repel insects - they just die in the oil film from the bath oil - sorry but deet is the best solution, citronella barely works - if op is near Outdoor World they offer a huge range including the non spray shoo.. thing you wear with pad and battery fan which my dw had success with - Walmart sometimes have it

Va
Level Contributor
10,602 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

There really is no substitute for deet. Non feet options don't work as good. You really won't need it unless you are going outside the tourist area.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

There are non-DEET products that work. I get horrible welts from any kind of big bites and I use Buzz Away: quantumhealth.com/productgroups/itchandbite.… I swear when I wear it I don't get bitten. You do have to reapply every couple of hours but its worth it not to have the chemicals on my family's skin.

I don't know if its available in the UK. I get mine at Whole Foods and there is one in Orlando. You also might be able to order it on Amazon.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

Products containing DEET are the only ones recommended to avoid Mosquitos that carry West Nile virus!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

The best suggestion for preventing getting West Nile is to avoid getting bitten. Many sites will recommend using DEET products to avoid mosquito bites because that's all the sites know. It's not the DEET that's doing the protecting; what's doing the protecting from West Nile is not getting a mosquito bite in the first place. As long as you're not getting bitten, no matter how you do it with long sleeves or bug spray, you're avoiding it. So using a product without DEET has no affect if it helps you from getting bitten.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,106 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

Is there a reason why you don't want repellent with Deet in it. I have been told its the only one that works properly.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

I agree with Sunngod, You will not need Insect repellent in Central Orlando.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

I've never used any insect repellent in Florida. Being going many years although it's been from Oct -Mar. I've never been bitten by a bug. Have mainly stuck to the tourist areas but have picked oranges and wandered around other off the beaten path places.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,062 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best NON DEET insect (mosquito) repellent for Orlando

Another Skin So Soft fan here.