We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Childhood memories

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Childhood memories

I'm planning to bring my two children to Disneyworld in maybe 2 years, they will be 8 and 6 years old then.

I have been once before as a teenager but can't remember much about it to be honest. My biggest memory was getting an ear infection over there and having to see a doctor!!

I obviously want to make some happy memories for my children, is there something that you remember doing in Orlando as a kid, that you'll never forget? Or maybe something you did with your own children that they have always remembered?

Sarah

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Childhood memories

I'am afraid back in the days when I was a child we went on holiday in the UK ......must be great being a child now and having Florida to look forward to :-)

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Childhood memories

Hi Sarah

I will never forget my then 3 year old dd on her first trip to Disney - we queued for ages to meet the princesses and when she did get to meet them she was just so overcome she couldn't speak!! It was so so sweet. She often mentions it and also about Tinkerbell lighting the fireworks at the magic kingdom. Take loads of photos when you go as that will help them remember and will jog special memories of the trip for many years.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Childhood memories

The character meals were something I enjoyed when MK first opened(there was a great one at DTD) and my kids like them too. The original treehouse villas were memorable,the substitutes are not. Talking to people you meet in line is fun. I would skip the ear infection,not a nice memory

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,034 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Childhood memories

I likewise remember a few "bad" things, but happy memories that stick out for me from age that was probably between 6-8 include the Shamu show at SeaWorld and the white tigers at Busch Gardens.

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Childhood memories

Thanks for your replies. It looks like seeing the characters and animals of various kinds are always a hit. I do, of course, have some nice memories! My sunglasses fell off my head and into the dolphin feeding tank at sea world. One of the dolphins picked them up on his nose and brought them to his trainer, who returned them to me! I'll never forget that!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Childhood memories

One of our favorite family moments was sitting in the 'splash zone' at the Shamu performance. We all thought it would be great fun and a way to cool off (except my oldest). Well all I can say is...I totally forgot that whales like ICEY COLD SALTY sea water!!! We started paying more attention to my oldest son's suggestions after that! LOL He says it was one of his most memorable moments as well...he didn't know I could move that fast! :-))

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Childhood memories

That sounds like great fun!!! might have to try to brave the splash zone ourselves!! Seaworld features a few times here. It will definitely be on our to-do list!

8. Re: Childhood memories

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:19