We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Underwater Grille (Sea World) VS Coral Reef (Epcot)

Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Underwater Grille (Sea World) VS Coral Reef (Epcot)

What restaurant do you prefer out of these two.

What offers the better view and what has the better food?

Looking for this type of restaurant for one night but can't decide which one, or are there others similar ive missed

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Underwater Grille (Sea World) VS Coral Reef (Epcot)

Can't comment on Coral Reef but we love Under water Grille at Seaworld, food was lovely and the kids love watching the sharks come up to the window, we were seated next to the tank wall.

Would be interesting to hear about Coral Reef from other posters.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,843 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Underwater Grille (Sea World) VS Coral Reef (Epcot)

Bumping it up cause I'm also interested in this one.

Troon, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Underwater Grille (Sea World) VS Coral Reef (Epcot)

We have never been to Underwater Grille but we did go to Coral Reef last August.

It was a nice enough experience and our DD enjoyed watching the scuba divers swimming amongst the fish and seeing all of the other sealife. It was also dark and cool away from the heat and we didn't have too long to wait for our ADR time.

It was really busy when we went and we were seated a little bit away from the aquarium (on a slightly raised seating area) but we still had a decent view, but it would have been better to havd been seated a bit closer on the lower level.

The food was ok but in my opinion it was nothing spectacular, but to be honest I had a steak and I was probably unfairly comparing it to the steaks in Le Cellier, Yachstman, California Grill, Outback etc (which were really good, but the first 3 are signature restaurants though). I don't like seafood lol.

DH said he wouldn't go back as he also thought his fish was just ok and nothing special. The kids menu was just standard Disney.

Sorry I can't compare the 2, but I looked at TA reviews for Coral Reef before booking last year and they were mixed so you can never tell, but I guess it just depends on what the food and service is like when you go.

Overall, the restaurant environment was absolutely fine and I had no complaints about the service or even the actual food as we still ate it, I just believe you can get better elsewhere for the money.

Hope this helps :-)

4. Re: Underwater Grille (Sea World) VS Coral Reef (Epcot)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 05:17