We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

I have just booked my first ever holiday to Orlando going on the 1st October until the 15th 2014. Its 1 month 23 days and 1 year till the day!! Not that im counting..... I am sooo excited. I booked via Travel city Direct using Virgin Atlantic flights staying in the Rosen Inn opposite Wet N Wild. My boyfriend who im going with has been about 6 times so im leaving him to sort our itinerary out. I just cant want to go to Harry Potter World, Disney, Shopping etc.

My question is is the weather and crowds good this time of year usually? And any idea on how much spending money to take? Minus the theme park tickets. Im thinking along the lines of £1000?

Lisa

x

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

We are going October this year after spending months deciding the best time of year for crowds, weather etc and October came out top so you have done good there. I don't know about spending money as we have the free disney dining plan so won't have to pay for many meals but we were thinking about £1500 but we have two kids. We already have our tickets for everything.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

We went october last year and are going again this october. Its a great time to go, not as busy as other months and the weather is still great.

We have the disney dining plan so didnt spend much last year on extra meals apart from at sea world. We took about £1500 last year as spending money but the majority of that was spent on our daughter tbh. I dont think we will have as much this year but I know it wont make our trip any less amazing, You just have to work out what you have and stick to it. We split ours up into equal amounts for each day and then carrried over whatever was left so splashed out a lot at the end. Only you know how much shopping you want to do and how much you like to spend on meals and drinks. Sticking to soft drinks in restaurants will save loads of money as you tend to get free refills and no where near as expensive as alcohol

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,664 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

If you can afford to - take more money as there's a lot to spend it on lol

Obviously if you can't then you will just have to take it easy at first and hopefully have enough to have a bit of a splurge the 2nd week

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

Thanks looks like ive picked a good time to go then.

Whats a Disney Dinning pass? And if its free how do i get one?

Thanks

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

October weather = splendid.

See average temps and rainfall, by month, here:

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

Let me also suggest that you get a copy of "Brit Guide to Orlando". It will answer so many of your basic questions. You may also find this site helpful: http://www.floridathoughts.co.uk/

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

Sorry it's only available if you were staying in a Disney hotel. They have offers on throughout the year, we booked ours in January for this October.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

Ah thanks for the advice. I have the 2012 brit guide book to Orlando as thought i would go then but didnt. I have already pre ordered the 2014 one from amazon though :)

and thats a shame about the disney dining thing although im pretty good at finding a bargain when it comes to food etc.

Edited: 07 August 2013, 14:14
Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

I love this book! I have also pre ordered it for 2014 but haven't booked yet! I have been twice in October and think it's a great time to go, not too busy and good weather!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

October is a transitional month, starting in rainy season with a chance of tropical storms or a very low chance of hurricanes. Late October sees the first outbursts of cool air from northern North America, lower humidity, and less rainfall. This chart of 2012's day-by-day weather helps visualize temperatures (in degrees F, to be sure).

www.srh.noaa.gov/mlb/?n=cligraph_kmco_2012

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando, Florida Oct 2014 - Weather/crowds/spending money??

I find the weather in October much more bearable as its not as hot, it gets so hot in the summer it's intolerable sometimes. The good thing with Florida is that you could take £10000 and manage to spend it or go with £500 and as long as you've got your park tickets you'll be fine, there's just so many shops and stuff that your money tends to go on buying cheap clothes and things like that. When we go, there's just myself and my wife, we tend to spend around £1000 in cash and perhaps another £500 or so on the credit card for bigger purchases (and probably some impulse ones too!) but just take what you can afford and you'll enjoy it all the same. Eating and drinking is cheap it's just the shopping and parks that can add up!