We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying on Property, things to do on off Day?

St. Charles, Mo
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying on Property, things to do on off Day?

We are going in May 2014. We will be staying at Pop most likely. I know we will be doing 3 days of theme parks and 1 day off. So on our day off and perhaps in evenings I have a few questions.

1. Since we are staying onsite can we visit other Disney Resort areas and participate in their activities or are they reserved for those who stay in that area? We are interested in visiting Port Orleans Riverside for sure and maybe a few others.I know we would like to take in the Carriage Ride at POR.

2. Since we will not have a ticket on our off day are the areas clearly marked that we can get into? Is there some sort of map of places we can explore outside of the theme park area?

This is our first trip and any advice is appreciated. It will be just my husband and myself. Thank you!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying on Property, things to do on off Day?

There is so much to do, you can have a pool day (your resort only), you can go to downtown disney, you should have free passes to get into disney quest if you booked a magic your way package, you can enjoy all the resorts (just no swimming) there's bike riding, horse carriages, boating, etc. there are 2 mini putt locations. There really is so much to do could go on and on

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying on Property, things to do on off Day?

A lovely place to visit would be the Crescent Lake area behind Epcot. There is a walkway around the lake that you can stroll around the Boardwalk, the Yacht and Beach Club, and the Swan and Dolphin, with three lovely bridges and gorgeous views. You could stop for an evening cocktail at Hurricane Hanna's, outside of the Beach Club, or visit the Boardwalk Bakery over by the Boardwalk.

Getting from resort to resort does take some time, as you need to connect at parks.The nice part about the Crescent Lake area (also called the Epcot resorts area) is that you could take the bus to Hollywood Studios and then connect to the Friendship boats outside of the gates at HS. This is a leisurely free boat ride that would take you past the various resorts. And do go in and check out the lobbies of the different hotels--they are all neatly themed with lovely touches, and the gift shops all have slightly different offerings.

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying on Property, things to do on off Day?

Have a look at things to do "beyond the parks"

http://allears.net/btp/beyond.htm

As a side note, once you are there, you can add a 4th day to your ticket for about $15, well worth it, there are 4 Parks, would be a shame to miss out on one :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,681 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying on Property, things to do on off Day?

I would be inclined to add a water park, do that half a day, then head over the Boardwalk area and visit the Yacht & Beach Club for a drink and have dinner some place between the Boardwalk/Swan & Dolphin and Y&B Club.

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying on Property, things to do on off Day?

Hey --- So they do carriage rides at the port of Orleans? Are they free or do you have to stay at that resort? And I like the boat ride? What resort does that end at?

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying on Property, things to do on off Day?

Thw Port Orleans carriage rides are $45 for 25 minutes. There's a number of free boat rides;you can go from POR or POFQ to DTD. You can go from HS to the Epcot resorts. You can go from the MK to the GF and the Contemporary.You can also rent a boat at one of the Resort Marinas.You only need a ticket for the parks,its pretty clear where you need to present it so don't worry you will wander into forbidden territory.You can play golf or minigolf or take a bike ride. You can have a meal and shop at any Disney resort;you cannot use the pools except at your own hotel. A nice expedition would be to the AKL to see the animals and then have dinner at Jiko.

7. Re: Staying on Property, things to do on off Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:18