We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary, why?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary, why?

yes,i get the reasons why you would plan each days activity but isnt half the fun just winging it and deciding each morning.

London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary, why?

Orlando is a unique destination, obviously it's nice to be flexible but if you don't plan a bit then you will miss out on seeing everything and you'll probably end up stressed.

I know where I'm going each day, I have a couple of dinner reservations but I'm definitely having some fun:-)

Edited: 12 August 2013, 08:11
UK
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary, why?

I agree with you - I think planning everything precisely spoils the exciting element. I have an idea what I want to see but in terms of order I will decide when I'm there.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary, why?

Last year we had no plan on our first visit and this year will be the same to an extent. Not having kids makes it more easy to be flexible I'd say. And if we don't do everything we plan to there is always next year

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary, why?

Abslutely, me and the kids have a vote each morning and when a concensus is reached we do what i want!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary, why?

We have never planned, apart from making sure we get to the airport on time this end.

Always try to miss the plane coming home but it never works :-( as you board the train of Doom to the terminal, worst ever ride in Orlando.

It's all about just getting up and seeing what the day brings.

We've done all the parks over a 15 yr period so November 2014 we will be going for a chill holiday,

Mmm ! chill & Florida in the same sentence doesn't really go together, but we will be out there having fun.

Kids now mid 20's so it's now time, for our time.

ajg

Edited: 12 August 2013, 09:11
Didcot, England...
Level Contributor
144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary, why?

I can see where your coming from but if you have spent a lot of money on tickets for a vast amount of attractions you want to make sure you give each the time it deserves to really experience it. We had an itinerary when we was in Orlando, however some mornings we would wake and decide we did not want to do what we had planned but would just swap it with what we had planned on another day just to make sure we did all we planned too.

I would always say a basic plan is worthwhile.

London
Level Contributor
154 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary, why?

Hubby says no planning but then we get home and it's 'why didn't we do that' lol, or a mad rush towards the end to get it all done. I agree that you need to be flexible and it's all about fun but can it hurt to plan around crowd levels and weather...? Our 5th time back in Dec we plan to go to parks every other midweek day to avoid weekend crowds, shop at the weekend and play it by ear the days in between with things like rest, cinema, grazy golf... works for us

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary, why?

I never really plan, just go with the flow. Wake up and if we feel like a park then do it if not then laze by the pool or shopping etc.

I do recall a post on here from a lady who had her itinerary down to every day, every park, every atrraction including what food and beverages they were going to have, where is the joy?

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary, why?

Do you know Gonzo........... I totally agree with you!!! Why bother to spend time [wasted in my opinion] in planning an itineary. Get up in the morning and get amongst it. Your supposed to be on holiday, Its not a Military campaign. With the Florida Weather in the Summer being sometimes unpredictable, Surely any itineary would have to be adjusted anyway!!!! If your travelling in a Group decide the night before or decide over Breakfast.........How easy is that !!!!!!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary, why?

I agree, many people post their itinerary on here and we all coo and ah about it, but is there really any need to be so regimented.

We do a general list of all the places/parks we plan on visiting, but change things about according to the weather and how much stamina we have.

Ajgloveflorida, this November we are having a chill (hope it won't be too chilly) holiday too. Chucking in a few parks, mainly the universals and Hollywood, Epcot and blizzard beach - but the main part of the holiday will be exploring the coast line so have Marco island for our second base. Also doing the everglades. We're planning on doing the bulk of our Christmas shopping whilst we are in Florida......