We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking virgin seats

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Booking virgin seats

4 more days till we can book our seats with virgin it's all finally feeling real now 😄 anyone that's flown with virgin where is best place to sit? We wanna try get upstairs If possible hopefully there will be 3 seats in a row upstairs ? My partner wants a decent window seat without looking on to the wings x

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking virgin seats

In Economy it will be 3x3 on the upper deck 747.

York, England...
Level Contributor
330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking virgin seats

Hazarding a guess your flying from Manchester if you live in Leeds? If you are it'll be an A330 so no upper deck.

It'll tell you on booking what sort of plane anyway and you can then look up the seat configuration.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking virgin seats

It appears to OP is flying sometime in November. All flights to MCO whether from LGW or MAN is operated by a 747-400.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking virgin seats

On the very day you are able to reserve your seats make sure that keep checking the VA website. I have discovered that they can open their booking system at any time on the 90th day before you fly.

Cardi 1

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking virgin seats

Hi sky0000547, Not sure about MA but LGW operate both Airbuses and 747's to MCO for definite. Such a saddo that I check and watch them go over daily.lol, Not sure when VA decide which one it will be, I would presume when the 90 days reservation system comes into play as you will have the seat plan then.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking virgin seats

Yes VS operates A330-300 and 747-400 out of LGW. The winter schedule from end of October says 747-400 for all flights to MCO. Of course there is no technical problems with the planes.

The LGW A330-300 is having their new Upper Class Dream Suite installed. So it will be a 3 class layout rather than 2.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking virgin seats

http://v-flyer.com/the-toolbox/which-aircraft

Tells you all you need to know.

TonyM, all flights from manc to orlando are 747's these days.

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
348 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking virgin seats

Here is my side of things. We fly out of Gatwick on the 8th October to Orlando P.E and would have liked to sit upstairs as it is a 747.

I logged on at 8am as told it was the earliest time to see the seat map on the 90 day mark and there was only 6 seats left. ????!!

I mangaged to get three of them and that was fine.

We are coming home from Las Vegas and tried to do the same on the 90 day mark and they had all gone upstairs and only 11 remained downstairs so I booked three of those with one of us sitting across the aisle.

The more I thought about it the more it puzzled me as I logged on the earliest you could and yet all the seats had gone upstairs so yesterday I rang Virgin. Very hepful lady who said as Las Vegas is not classed as a holiday destination ( unlike Orlando ) and all seats are allocated upstairs at check in . She has now sent an e mail to the seat allocation people so that when we do check in at Las Vegas a note should be on our booking saying if possible we would like to sit upsdtairs. We shall see !! So it means that only a number of seats on any plane are released on the 90 day mark and the rest are kept back for allocation at check in and of course these seats that you have booked in advance are not guaranteed, but that is another story.

York, England...
Level Contributor
330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking virgin seats

Just checked my booking on Virgin site and says Airbus A330. Also says Airbus on your link McHaggis (love the name btw)

Not really bothered as long as it gets there without having to get out and push. But know some people prefer a particular plane.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking virgin seats

ah ok -

VS075 is still using the airbus

VS073 (our flight) is all 747