We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

Ok so where we up to day 7? Today we finally went to a waterpark...Typhoon Lagoon! Now the reason we picked typhoon lagoon was because it is all of my kids favourite. DS1 & DS3 both have sensory issues and the wave pool is simply amazing for them.

We arrived at opening time, got a locker, shoved the stuff inside and we were gone. Amazingly enough they didn't want to head for the wave pool first...it was the lazy river that grabbed their attention. So after grabbing enough tyres for everyone off we set, half way round we noticed that there was noodles in the water for you to use so we abandoned the tyres and went for the noodles....Disney do yourselves a favour and get rid of the tyres, the noodles work much better!! seriously next time your there give it a go, they are far more relaxing. Ok next the wavepool amazing fun. Word of caution here...ladies please listen to Disney when they say wear a one piece swimsuit, they say it for a reason! We had a tour group 95% of which were girls in the skimpiest bikinis I have ever seen! Well its not pretty for the rest of us to watch swimsuits being adjusted and modesty being covered after every wave, im sure a few of the men enjoyed the spectacle but its a family friendly place after all. The kids were not interested in the slides..to be honest, the floor was a little too hot to walk on and I think the thought of queuing up on the hot concrete was enough to put them off, so we decided to get dressed and grab something to eat. We are at tillys and the fish was delicious.

Evening meal was booked for liberty tree at MK which was as good as last time...unfortunately we were still rather full from the fish at lunchtime but we did better than we expected. Had a few rides..we managed to persuade DS3 back on to the transit line..This has always been one of his favourites but last trip on the last day we went on it and it broke down leaving us stranded on the dark of space mountain for nearly half an hour..they turned the lights on after a bit but it still scared him. anyway we got him back on it and he enjoyed it.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

Sorry..I clicked the button before I was ready! oh well just one day in this report.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

:-)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,031 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

Interesting about the noodles, the tubes are a pain to get in and out of! Best to wear water shoes because of the hot cement :)

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
636 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

So happy to hear they have noodles at the water park! We have a pool at home and I love to relax while floating on a noodle. They are very flexible and fun.

Love reading about your trip. Looking for more post ;)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

Do you think chinners was there?? lol

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

Uslovers...funny enough I saw the noodles and my first thought was of chinners :o)

Princess..I tried to buy the kids the water shoes before we left the uk but the kids said they wouldn't be seen dead wearing them! (that's teenagers for you!) I think they changed their mind after today.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

Sounds good, we didn't get to water park last time, but those rubber ring things are so difficult to get in & out of - the amount of people you see falling out of them arms & legs everywhere lol

Looking fwd to trying the noodles next time :0)

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

What's noodles - sounds fun ?

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

ppmaiden..they are long round strips of floaty foam. Kids usually use them to learn to swim. Typhoon lagoons noodles were square but very good

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,163 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelbugs Trip report part 4:

Fun day, I agree with the teenager water shoes comment, my dd age 15 said the same !, I thought they were lovely and comfy !!