We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timer's TR Days 9 & 10

Tyneside, England
Level Contributor
57 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
First Timer's TR Days 9 & 10

Our adventure continues! A bit behind with TR's now (today is day 12), must be enjoying myself too much :)

Day 9 Animal Kingdom

We decided that since we weren't in a hurry to get to AK we'd try the lynx bus again. Managed to co-ordinate the 8 & 50 so we were at the TTC within an hour and another 15 mins or so by bus to AK so got there around 12.

We got fastpasses for Expedition Everest and then queued up as it was only 35 mins. Think this is my favourite Disney rollercoaster! Really enjoyed it and glad we had the FP's for later. We rode Dinosaur too and enjoyed the safari. Got some great photos. We saw the parade, poor DH got bear hugged literally by Baloo lol.

It was a pretty hot day again, no rain but  we were determined to stick it out as planned for Wishes later.

We got some early dinner from the Yak and Yeti cafe. DH's honey chicken looked nicer then my beef lo mein, beef was a bit grisly but nice overall.

Got the bus to the TTC, wanted to try the monorail but it wasn't running so ferry it was again. MK felt almost as crowded as last week but we did a few things we missed like Pirates of the Caribbean and jungle cruise as wait times were about 20 mins. I also spent a few too many $$ in the emporium! If I'd known how much better Mouse Gear at Epcot would be yesterday I'd have waited.

Pitched up outside the emporium for the electrical parade- the tune was stuck in my head for ages afterwards! Enjoyed the projection show on the castle then we headed for the ferry whilst the fireworks started. Think alot of people had the same idea and by the time we set sail the fireworks were over. But saw enough to tick it off the 'to do' list.

Think Magic Kingdom is my least favourite park sadly, just too crowded for me and packed in with things to to. I'm sure i'd feel differently in a quieter season.

Day 10 Aquatica

Had always planned aquatica for the day after our late Disney night. We were really tired (and no matter how hard I try my brain wakes me up in time for rope drop!) but perked up when we got there. Did a few rides and zoomed round roa rapids. It had been quite cloudy all day and I spotted some dark clouds approaching so we headed home at 3. The storm hit us at 5 and was pretty intense. We went over to The Pub when it eased off. We'd been before and enjoyed it. The service wasn't so good this time, waitress took DH's plate when i was still eating then came back with the check when she took my plate. She must have been psychic that we didn't want dessert!

Went to the Zebra bar at the hotel so DH could try Rosen Inns own brewed beer, Alligator Drool which he liked. Then early night again for Epcot in the morning.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timer's TR Days 9 & 10

Yes, I think you probably would enjoy Magic Kingdom more with fewer people to contend with; it's still my favorite after all these years, but not when you're packed in like sardines.

Just continue to enjoy yourself; you're on holiday!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timer's TR Days 9 & 10

Glad you had a good time. Love the trip reports, so keep em coming!

Alligator drool sounds interesting lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timer's TR Days 9 & 10

Everest is one of my favourite rides too. Yep MK is definitely a whole lot better with lower crowds, I've been when its been stupidly busy and only stayed a couple of hours - but go when it's low crowd and soooo much better.

Hope you enjoyed Epcot :0)

4. Re: First Timer's TR Days 9 & 10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 05:17