We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

Have come across flights for £500 each, baggage, meals and seats choice included. Man/Orlando August 27th 2014 / Sept 12th 2014. Should we wait for Virgin or take the plunge.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

You're catching the tail end of the school holidays, so generally prices tend to be cheaper heading into September - so I reckon £500 is a good price and I would be comfortable with that. You could take a chance and hang on, you may fall lucky, who knows.

But If you do book TC don't be tempted to keep checking prices....

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,501 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

Sounds like a very good price and I doubt you will get it that cheap with VA. Go for it and as ppmaiden says, don't check any prices afterwards!!

hull
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

I would book this straight away,we've always gone with Virgin but the prices seem to have gone up so much lately,we've paid just over £500 for flights and luggage with TC for May 2014 and are very pleased with this price,Virgins price is nearly £700 for the same time.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

BOOK IT NOW!! At those prices, they will not be around for long. Guaranteed next week, they will be £300 more.

The only thing which concerns me is it's Thomas Cook... however as long as you cover yourself, by paying for the flights with a CREDIT CARD and not a debit card, you will have that protection.

Uk
Level Contributor
306 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

thats a very good price. i would doubt you will find any cheaper

corby
Level Contributor
380 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

we are looking for flights for orlando in august 2014, i didn't realise thomas cook sold them this early, normally flights are on sale 11 months beforehand, i have just checked thomas cook website and flights are on sale for august, but only until the 18th, how did you get the quote for your dates?

as for virgin prices, i should imagine the would be more expensive, not all the time, i've done a dummy run for flight prices a few times, i've picked a date, and price compared the major airlines, such as virgin, BA, monarch, ect... sometimes virgin are cheaper than their rivals

the dates we are going to orlando are the 11th to the 28th august, we are hoping to get a good deal, even if the flights are non direct

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

I would book it. We've booked with TC for next May for £515 each and it was the cheapest we found. We're happy with the price and peace of mind that flights are booked.

scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

Billyukb it's Flythomascook.com their flights are available 15 months in advance.

I'd book quick. We booked a fortnight ago for next (late) Sept. From Glasgow, seats and luggage -£505 each. Huge bonus going from Glasgow and its into Orlando international.

Checked the other night and they were over £700pp.

I'd book now if I was you

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,914 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

Really doubt if you would get a better price than that

Hopefully by now you have booked

corby
Level Contributor
380 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook Flights Aug 2014 £500 or wait for Virgin ???

the dates we want are 11/8/14 to 28/8/14, i've just got a quote online for £3622, inc. bags, choosing seats and meals, also 2% cc charge, i can't compare this price to anyone other airline as their prices haven't come out, the price is for 2 adults and 2 kids, we haven't decided to book or not