We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there something happening in February 2014?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
742 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is there something happening in February 2014?

It seems like any of the villas I've looked at for next Feb (I've already booked a hotel but just looking into villas as an alternative) are booked up for the whole of February and March. I know Spring break will be on probably in March and there's that Presidents week in the middle of February but is there some other event I'm missing? I don't want to end up accidentally going at a jam-packed time of year!

Maybe it's just the ones I'm looking at but a lot of places seem to be fully booked and I thought Feb would be the off season?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,809 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there something happening in February 2014?

February is always "high" season in Florida. Many people from the Northern states and Canada spend the Winter in Central Florida and further South.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,231 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there something happening in February 2014?

Presidents week is always very busy. Lots of snowbirds get away from their own freezing weather at home. The 2 weeks before presidents week shouldn't be too bad though.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there something happening in February 2014?

We are going the week of Feb 8 - 15 and I actually found quite a few condos/villas available for that week. But it probably depends on how big of a place you're looking for. I was told that the week we're going shouldn't be too bad for crowds until maybe the end of the week towards President's day. Luckily we're leaving the 15th before the crowds get too bad!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
742 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there something happening in February 2014?

We're going for the 1st two weeks of Feb so hoping to avoid the presidents week crowds. I was just surprised to see so many places booked out for that time of year. I don't mind so much the lack of availability, like I said, I already have our hotel booked and got an excellent rate so I'll stick with that. I was just being nosey about the rental places and noticed all the bookings! Still haven't booked the flights yet, I'm playing chicken with skyscanner in case a sale comes up. I just missed a February sale with Aer Lingus the week before we decided to go so I'm hoping they might have an Autumn sale soon.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there something happening in February 2014?

It's also spring training time for MLB baseball teams, and central Florida is a prime "jumping off" point for traveling to the various clubs spring traning sites. In fact, the Atlanta Braves and the Houston Astros both train in Kissimmee, while the Detroit Tigers train in nearby Lakeland.

6. Re: Is there something happening in February 2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:21