We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

After a few early starts we needed a relax this morning in the villa, by 9am tho I was itching to go out and do something so we decided to check out supertarget, my two sons stayed in the villa and me, hubby and DS went for a browse.

Bought younger son a few cheap t-shirts, Minecraft, Regular Show and Adventure time, think they were about $6 each. My youngest starts secondary school in September so thought I'd pick up some things for his pencil case. Got him pack of 24 Crayola colouring pencils for 86c! Saw the same pack in tesco yesterday for £2! 10 pack of Papermate pens 99c. A 3 pack of Papermate pens in tesco was £1.50. Makes me so mad how much we have to pay for stuff!

Anyway, rant over, also bought my Grandad a wallet. Daughter bought a ton of nail varnishes. We got back around 10.30 and as we were hungry we went to ihop as youngest son loves pancakes, he has me making them at least once a week and he obviously was dying to eat at The International House of Pancakes!

The queue was horrendous but based on the quick moving queue at Bahama breeze yesterday, thought we'd give it ago. I had Chicken and Waffles ( the sweet with the savoury thing overhere always intrigues me) youngest son had pancakes (obviously) every one else had various omelettes.

We thought food and service quite good but the place looked like it haven't been renovated since about 1989 but maybe that was the deliberate look?

From there it was straight to Premium outlets. We went to the one on Vineland I think it's called. It had a multistorey car park which we eventually found a spot in. The place was crazy busy! Glad we ate before arriving as the food court was so busy you couldn't even walk through. People were sitting on the floor eating!

I won't give a blow by blow account of every shop we went in but I me and DD bought a few things in Ralph Lauren, they had a sale on plus 30% off the lowest price on the ticket in entire store. Got a beautiful emerald green v-neck jumper for $39 amongst other things. Bought youngest son a pair of school trainers in Nike and a school bag in Pacsun.

Then I saw the queue to get into Coach. Joined queue and were given a discount coupon. They had a huge sale and certain items were reduced by 50% and with the coupon you got a further 50% off that price. Everything was pretty jumbled in there so I ended up doing what everyone else did which was find a few things you like and then ask one of the many sales assistants that were around the store armed with a calculator the till price I'd pay for each item.

I ended up buying the most beautiful tomato red leather bag (legacy Chelsea) for $129, full price was $ 358 and a matching purse which was reduced from $ 219 to $59!

The purse is actually quite big, lots of places to put you cards, money, photos of kids and there is even a pocket for your mobile. A nod a small wrist strap so you can use it instead of a bag if you want. I am so happy with my bag I've never had such an expensive bag before and want to use it all the time, is it really sad of me to keep my coach carrier bag and place the actual bag in it when in the car or at home! DH thinks I'm crazy!

Anyway was really pleased with what we'd bought but even I had to agree that this holiday has taught me something new. I never thought I'd enjoy the parks so much! I walk around grinning the whole time, I still have a lot of spending money left but to give up another day of fun for going to a mall?! We only have a short time here and I can shop at home at my beloved Bluewater ( even tho the prices are higher) .

We picked up some delicious subs at Publix on our way home ( another great tip from this forum!). They were scrummy,

Played a few card games, bought the travel version of the quiz show Pointless which was fun and had an early night as off to Aquatica tomorrow and I do like an early start!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

A great day with some great bargains by the sounds :-)

I know what you mean about shopping can be done at home but its so much more fun to go shopping in another country!!!! I love shopping by the way hehe

Thanks for sharing your reports.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
796 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

I love hearing what people bought.

Love reading your trip reports.

Thanks for taking the time to write them. :)

Enjoy aquatica :)

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

hi lovely report. am really envious of your shopping spree. i can certainly shop.... i also have a passion for designer bags, you get sort of hooked. mine stay in their bags and they all have names. incidently so does my car!

have a fab time.

London
Level Contributor
963 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

Not at all sad for you to keep the carrier bag:) I feel quite excited for you, I goggled your bag and it's gorgeous.

Excellent bargains. Definitely looking forward to my shopping afternoon!

Another great report - will look forward to reading more.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

Great tr , your tomato red bag does sound special :) I know what you mean about giving a park day up for a mall/outlet day, we didn't the first time and then had 1 mall day the second visit.

I think my DH would like that 'pointless' game as he is a fan of the programme !!! :)

Level Contributor
1,047 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

Great day! Love the sound of the tomato red coach bag. I got a beautiful dark red Fossil satchel in May fit a bargin and use it every day!

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

nothing sad about keeping a carrier bag, have most of mine from last year's holiday. Enjoy Aquatica.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

I'm loving your TR's, thank you for taking the time to do them. I'm a coach addict too! Your reports are getting me so excited for my holiday in Sept!! Can't wait to read the rest.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

Enjoying another of your TRs :) Love shopping at Target also - price$ in Nassau aren't so great either LOL Wow, about that Coach bag. Thanks for posting!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: There and back again, an Essex tale, Day 5

P.S. Cool about the mention of Pointless, going to check it out, never heard of it & could use a new board game :)