We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando weather at the moment?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando weather at the moment?

Hello, we are heading out to Orlando in three weeks time and I've been checking the weather forecast regular and there is seems to be a lot of rain and thunderstorms going on at the minute. Can anyone out there tell me if it is as bad as I think it is?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

Rain and thunderstorms are the norm for this time in Orlando. June-September is the tornado season. You will be lucky if you avoid getting wet- especially in the afternoon.

It is warm rain though and you dry off quickly.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

James check this out!!!

www.bay9news.com Its all you need.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

Its so humid over there at this time of year you get thunderstorms all the time, they usually come and go fairly quickly and then the suns shining again and its usually a relief when they do come as it gives you some respite from the heat for a while! But it will be hot and it will be sunny but there will be thunderstorms too, and usually pretty spectacular ones at that!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

Oh and as Jenniparks said, you'll dry off as quickly as you get wet, the rains usually warm and the sun blistering!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

Sorry www.baynews9.com

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

James,

This is a very commonly asked question. Just to to the upper right corner of this page where it says "Top questions about Orlando" and click on "I’m about to leave…how’s the weather right now?"..

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

In three weeks time the afternoon showers will be subsiding, as we generally have them in July & August and the temperatures will be down a few degrees, best part will be the crowds by mid September the Summer tourists are back to school and parks are very lovely to visit. The Epcot Food & Wine Festival starts on 9/27.

Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

Hi we just got back this morning it was in the 90's everyday. It rained every afternoon but not for long. The last thunderstorm we saw was on Sunday it went on for hours we were out for a meal at the time and for absolutely soaking when we left- nice thing was the rain was warm!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,909 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

Last year we were there 9/6-12, still hot and humid (still summer), we had 2 big downpours (for an hour or so) and 4 hours of rain one morning (we were at Seaworld, not fun, but oh well) and it was chilly rain, not warm. Just be prepared, you may end up with no rain. You just never know. Have fun :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando weather at the moment?

Was there Aug 13th-20th. Now in cocoa beach.

HOT. HUMID. Thunderstorms at night. Repeat every day.

We had fun but I will never go in August again. Just brutal. Will write trip report soon