We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot Food and Wine Festival

NYChotelhelp
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Epcot Food and Wine Festival

We just booked a week in Florida and will be heading to orlando for 2 nights for the Epcot food and wine festival. I was wondering if we should book a place for a nice dinner or will we be full from the festival. Also looking for a place to stay. Both the Dolphin and Swan are booked for our dates. We would ideally like to stay close to Epcot so we can take a shuttle or bus and not have to drive.

Any other tips for the food and wine festival would be great. I find the website does not out line things very well.

pa
Level Contributor
54,196 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Not sure of your exact dates but have a look at the Free Dining Offer direct from Disney, you can use your snack credits for some yummy Food and Wine Fest treats as well as enjoying free Dinners and Lunches

I suggest the Boardwalk Inn, lovely and a short walk to Epcot

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124393

We often have the Dining Plan so have a Nice Big Breakfast before heading to the Food and Wine Fest, then we sample our way around the "world" :)

More Food and Wine Festival Info

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/…index.htm

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,603 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Buy the time you have "sampled" your way around world showcase I very much doubt you would want to eat dinner

NYChotelhelp
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Thanks you - we are going on October 5-7. The boardwalk Inn is a little pricey. Trying to keep it around $250 per night. Any other suggestions?

pa
Level Contributor
54,196 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

You can stay at any Disney Resort and have free transport to all the Parks, as well as from and back to the Airport ( MCO) For just a couple, I suggest Coronado Springs, a Moderate with a Deluxe Feel.

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399

Keep in mind the prices for the Free Dining will be a savings of about $110 per night ( the cost of the Dining Plan for 2 adults, which would be free ) there is also a room only discount, that can save more money, depending on the level of Resort

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,741 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

The portions are small and pretty expensive, so if you try a lot of them, it could cost you quite a bit!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

I recently watched a video of last year (youtube?) and some small samples were 6 to 8 dollars so i can see how it could add up.

Fishkill, New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

It's a wonderful time, I would suggest booking a meal reservation since it's the weekend and it will be crowded. I'd also see if there are still spaces available or for any of the culinary / mixology seminars. It's a nice break it the day to sit and enjoy a quick demo.

It's certainly not the Dollar Menu but I don't think the portions/cost are unreasonable.

Coronado Springs might be a good option, they also have a great bar there Rixx and the room would be around $170/nt on hotels.com.

Also if you have a Chase card there is a lounge in the American Pavilion that offers some free non-alcoholic beverages. They will also be serving alcohol there this year, may be an easy way to skip some lines.

Disney Food Blog is a great site for menus and tips! disneyfoodblog.com/2013-epcot-food-and-wine-…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

We are staying at the yacht club so as to be within staggering distance of the food. Hopefully wont fall in the water as I will be so weighed down. We are in Disney for the week so intend to use our snack credits and if I then get hungry in the evening like a little piggy I will just hop to dtd

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

I really look forward to the Food & Wine Festival, but my wife and I have never made it all the way around the world showcase before we couldn't comfortably eat any more -- there's no way we would want a restaurant meal afterwards because we enthusiastically partake of the various offerings. Last year we loaded $100 on a Disney gift card, and used up about $70 of it on food and drink, so the samples do add up; but, if you think of it as a "meal" for two, it's not so bad. At some booths, we shared an item, at others we each got our own, and we skipped a few booths altogether.

Look at the website before you go, and you'll get an idea of the cost of each item, but we rarely if ever paid $8 for a single sample. $4 seemed to be about average.

If you are not a resort guest with an account (we were annual passholders staying in Cocoa Beach), using the gift card is easier than cash at each booth. Soon, the bracelet will begin to be the new "currency"..

We talked to a family who had lost their preloaded card (the strap on the wristband broke), and thought they were out almost $150. We told them to go to guest services with their receipt for the card, and Disney will cancel the original card and transfer remaining credit to a new card. Until they did that, anyone could have picked up the lost card and used it.

NYChotelhelp
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival

These are all great tips and we are very excited about it!