We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do disneyworld resorts read comments and make changes

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
79 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Do disneyworld resorts read comments and make changes

Dear all

Usually we stay at Polynesian but in a few months my work is having a conference at dolphin so we are staying at beach club(yacht club was full) because I wanted to stay at a real Disney resort and walk to conference. I have become increasingly worried about recent comments onTA and other sites about cleanliness and even rats at beach club. My only hope is that Disney or hotel management reads comments (like other hotels seem to) to improve things. But then I wonder if it really matters to Disney as they have a somewhat captive audience. Wondering about your thoughts and whether beach club may be better with regards to cleanliness some months from now

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do disneyworld resorts read comments and make changes

We're at BCV at the moment & can only say the place is spotless:-)

As we were going to our room on our first evening. I noticed there had been a water leak in the corridor, looked like from a room above.

The wall was very wet & paper hanging off. The next day the wall had been repaired. The next day wall cleaned, dried & re-papered, then the main wall area painted.

All repaired & sorted in a few days:-) So those arriving would never have noticed anything.

When you think of the footfall these places have, there are bound to be some "frayed edges", but on the whole I think Disney do a good job with the upkeep.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do disneyworld resorts read comments and make changes

I don't know, but I was disappointed in the Beach Club last year. Here is my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d1202…

My wife says that the next time we go back she wants to stay at the Swan, where we have stayed before and where her parents stay all the time, and I have no objections to that.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do disneyworld resorts read comments and make changes

Hi GoPenguins.

Great report, but to put a little perspective over 1000 Excellent, Very Good. Just over 100 Poor, Terrible.

Still you gave it 4 stars. Very thoughtfull report I thought:-)

To be fair we stay at the Villas, so maybe were not the best to comment. But we do walk through the main resort, a few times during our stays.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do disneyworld resorts read comments and make changes

I wouldn't be overly concerned about a few bad reviews. You enjoy staying at Poly, but I bet if you scrutinize reviews of Poly you'll find a bunch of bad ones, too. A few isolated incidents can happen at the best of places. The sort of hotel to avoid is a place with a pattern of bad reviews for exactly the same reasons, combined with a lack of glowing reviews.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,661 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do disneyworld resorts read comments and make changes

You have to take TA reviews with a grain of salt. We find about half of them to be accurate;a lot of them are written by the hotels themselves or by their competition. And what your experience turns out to be depends somewhat on your expectations. We expect more at the GF than at the POFQ in terms of amenities,service,furniture quality and so on . We have our preferences based on our past stays;we don't like the Polynesian or the Wilderness Lodge and we do like the AKL and OKW. We know quite a few people that work for Disney and they tell us that they are not affected at all by TA reviews as their corporate policies supersede people's opinions.Stay where you want to and if the room is dirty(and I've never seen a mouse or rat at any hotel including Disney)or unsatisfactory,change it. If you read some of the negative reviews,it seems like people don't say anything to the hotel management,just suffer in silence and then write a bad review which is sort of self defetaing

6. Re: Do disneyworld resorts read comments and make changes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 06:18