We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in November???

Rayne, Louisiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear in November???

My family and I will be making our first trip to WDW for Thanksgiving week. 85 days and counting!!! We are so excited!! I have looked at what the weather channel says the average temperatures are for that time of year. They say average high is in the 70's and lows in the 50's. We plan on wearing capris or shorts for the day and then bringing a jacket for night. Will this work? Or should we wear pants? I don't want to have to go back to the resort to change.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in November???

I have been there twice in early November, and I wore long pants both times (I wear shorts there in the early fall) and was fine all day. There were some nights when it got pretty chilly, and I was glad for the long pants. In fact the one year we ducked in and bought my wife a Mickey sweatshirt on Main Street on the way to dinner at the Crystal Palace because it had gotten cold enough to need a sweatshirt by 6:00 PM.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in November???

Three years ago we went in early November, and wore jeans, jackets and sweats. It was a very cold winter. You will be able to figure out each morning what is likely to work for the day, just watch the news. A light jacket or sweater is often all that would be needed.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in November???

We were there the week before Thanksgiving last year. I wore shorts during the day, and changed into jeans if it got too cool in the evening. However, as kris48 said, that's starting to be the time of year when you can see some big variances in the weather. Just make sure that you adjust your packing when you can look at the weather shortly before you go.

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear in November???

We went in November 2011 and the weather was glorious!! It was DD's first birthday and she was in shorts & T shirt for two week (not the same ones of course lol!) - I remember because she didn't wear socks or shoes (wasn't walking) and the CM said she couldn't sit on he floor for a picture with Mickey as she had no shoes on :-(

The humidity was less than other times of year - fab!!!

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear in November???

It will likely be a little warmer, but not too much different from what you would find in New Orleans.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
840 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear in November???

It's still very hot in November shorts and t shirts are fine just bring a jumper for the evenings as it does get chilly It doesn't get that cold to warrant wearing jeans lol

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to wear in November???

We also went in November 3 yrs ago. It was quite cold in the evening when the sun went down.

I wore a sweatshirt with a jacket over that. Even wore gloves and a knit cap. My toes were so cold. And I am not a cold natured person.

Be prepared for all kinds of temps and weather. We go back in late November '13.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to wear in November???

Hi we're also there at the end of nov though to mid dec so lets hope we all have some of that glorious weather!

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to wear in November???

I'm with you there. My wife likes it in the 70's for Thanksgiving so we can open up the house and it doesn't get so hot with the stove. It like it in the 80's for the beach the next day. Let's all hope for the best.

If nothing else, it will always be worse up north.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to wear in November???

We were there end of nov/begin of dec in 2011, was freezing. I know people who go Thanksgiving week (they've been a few times during that week). It seems to start off warm and get cooler as the week goes on. You just won't know till you're going. I would be prepared for both warm and cold weather. We're going back first week of dec this year and I will be better prepared :)