We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

yorkshire england
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

We are going at the end of july for 3 weeks and I know we will put some weight on. I am just curious as to how much. We have got a buffet breakfast I was thinking a small snack for lunch and a meal in the evening possibly buffet style. I will have to try the cakes,cheesecakes etc lol.I have not paid out all this money to be miserable about my weight ,by the way I am not over weight yet and am trying to loose half a stone so I can put it back on again.

I know the portion sizes are different to ours so was just wondering how bad it could get any stories to tell?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

You will probably surprise yourself. If you are going to be doing to theme park thing, you will be doing ALOT of walking. I do suggest the big breakfast, a light lunch and a normal dinner.

Depending on where you are staying you could even walk and explore more after dinner. You'll be drinking lots of water too. Repeat after me..."I'll be drinking lots of water." lol

I recently went to Hawaii and thought I just stuffed myself but we did so much exploring I actually lost a few pounds. don't worry I found them again when we got home.

We were so tired at the end of the day the we really weren't that hungry.

Besides I heard the calories consumed on Vacation don't count.

Have fun!!

yorkshire england
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

I am really not a big water drinker ,we went to the dominican republic last year at the same time and it was extreemly hot and humid but i only drank pop is it the same heat? will pop be ok not fizzy just dilute something to give the water taste.

Formby, United...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

i was there for 3 weeks in May and only put on 7lb on.

i lost 19lb before i left so that wasn't to bad. haha

i to did the breakfast buffet, light snacks for lunch and a big dinner later in the evening.

i didn't think i ate much more than normal but drank a silly amount of soft drinks and juices, and they were mostly diet drinks too.

the heat was murder in May so i feel sorry for you in July....

have a great time wish i was going back there myself... even in that heat...lucky lucky you...

yorkshire england
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

Dreading the heat slightly after going to the dominican last year and having to jump in the pool to cool off every 5 minutes and I don't normally like the pools! But this is the only time we can go due to the school holidays. Another worry is sunburn as we all got burnt last year despite putting lotion on all the time. I think it was because we were constantly sweating. Is that the case in florida? thanks for all your help.

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

I seriously would suggest anything but soda (pop) for the time (July) you are going to be here. Especially in the heat of the day. These can contain high levels of salt that that's not a good thing as the heat and humidity can be brutal. I could list the health hazards but the main reason is that because you are going to sweat a lot you need to keep hydrated. I have seen people that have lived here for years and know better pass out or get dehydrated from not drinking the right liquids. If we are going to be out in the weather all day , I always make sure I have water packed.

They do have flavored water and fruit based drinks that I would suggest instead. But because you are a little worried about extra weight gain watch for sugar free, you should have a large variety to choose from.

You'll do great!!

yorkshire england
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

Dreading the heat slightly after going to the dominican last year and having to jump in the pool to cool off every 5 minutes and I don't normally like the pools! But this is the only time we can go due to the school holidays. Another worry is sunburn as we all got burnt last year despite putting lotion on all the time. I think it was because we were constantly sweating. Is that the case in florida? thanks for all your help.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

robb my thoughts exactly. I booked our hol in August last year and immediately started dieting. After yo yoing on and off for a while I have eventually managed to lose a stone just so that I can eat what I want and drink loads of beer lol. I was about the same weight last time we went and I think I put on (in two weeks) about 4 pounds or so even with all that walking, so I would estimate in 3 weeks around half a stone. It is surprising how quickly it goes on considering how long it takes to lose. Anyway good luck with the diet and enjoy your hols!

wigan UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

When we went to Disney last year I took a pedometer and we did in excess of 120 miles walking around in two weeks(did a lot more only couldn't wear pedometer in water parks) .

We went in Oct so it is much cooler and easier that the july/aug heat. We ate what we wanted, when we wanted and got home without putting any weight on .(I really struggle with my weight and have been a member of every slimming club just to stay in a UK size 14).

I usually go to the gym 3 times a week for a couple of hours but only went once in Florida at 5am cos I couldn't sleep. This is our third trip and I'm still trying to get into a size 12 before my holiday but I know I won't put much on when I'm over there. By the way my husband is a fitness fanatic and he didn't do any exercise at all and no weight gain!!!!

Just keep up the walking and take a pedometer, if you've not done many miles that particular day just go a bit easy on the food.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

To add to my other post-agreed,drink as little soda as possible,it's not thirst quenching and is just corn syrup and water. The portion sizes are generally huge and hugest. So I order appetizers for dinner or split entrees with my husband. Try to even out what you eat during the day;if you just have a snack for lunch,you will be starving by dinner and that is a very bad way to go into a yummy looking buffet.But defnitely try a little of what looks good to you;you're on vacation after all. You can enjoy everything in moderation-for example the hot fudge sundaes at Ghiradellis are around $6.50 and feed three easily!

London, England
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How much weight can you put on in 3 weeks! lol

where's that? I want one of those hot fudge sundaes