We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

Birmingham uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

Do you have to watch out for any nasties from nature, ie spiders, snakes or animal or other of nurse fauna and flora, in the disney, Orlando Florida Area.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

I have never seen any snakes or spiders,.I am sure there are some around though not personally seen them myself

I have seen gators -they are anywhere there are ponds , armadillo's at Fort Wilderness & the small gecko type lizards-ooh I I did see a rabbit near the pool area at the Wilderness Lodge

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
337 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

We seen a big spider outside our garage door and also there was big spider webs in the garage. Also seen cockroaches, ants, frogs ...

Was advised to check the pool filter before swimming as this is where Snakes like to chill out. May depend on the area you stay in?

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

We have seen snakes in water parks and Gatorland, I don't like them but I wasn't scared for some reason!?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

I've never actually had a problem with it or seen anything huge but I suppose it depends on where you stay as I know the villas and hotels usually have pest control. But you do have to remember its a tropical climate and there will be things in the wild places but never had a problem in the built up areas.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

once saw a small snake in the car park of Florida mall as we drove in.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
848 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

The only thing I've seen is some cockroaches this was in seaworld

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,911 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

Watch out for squirrels in Celebration....they might try to steal your nuts :-))

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

A big snake went across the path in front of us, it was awesome! Also had a tiny one in villa pool, which hubby rescued. Seen racoons (awesome) little lizards (awesome) no aligators (even though we looked in every pond and puddle!) and frogs (terrified of frogs!) also love the squirrells in HS!! I love squirrells!!! :-D

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,002 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

Plenty of snakes but they don't bother you unless you step on them. Lots of teeny lizards everywhere. Haven't seen many spiders. Lovebugs in season-May and September,harmless except to the paint on your car and disgusting.The ocassional aligator but in the eater,not walking around. A few roaches in some hotel rooms. You will be safe!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,976 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Forida any snakes spiders creepy craw lies, etc.

You don't need injections so nothing to worry about lol

Apart from giant cockroaches

Edited: 03 September 2013, 17:06