We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have arrived......

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
We have arrived......

Flight was on time, 11am out of Manchester. Fairly smooth and arrived ahead of schedule. However, they only had pasta and curry left by the time they got to the back of the plane (we were in row 64). Hubby is a fussy eater so ended up with 2 bread rolls and a bag of crisps we had put in the hand luggage. I had the pasta but it was all dryed up and the 'sauce' was non existent. Was told if hubby didn't like the food he should have packed his own!!

Anyway landed at 3.15pm and started queuing for immigration at 3.35pm which took roughly an hour. Luggage collected and then went to pick up the car from Alamo, I had done Save Time so it all went smoothly but hubby couldn't resist when they said they would upgrade us to a brand new Chevy Impala for the price of a standard, cost approx £160 and its great.

Collected code for the villa from rental company at Formosa Gardens and went to Winn Dixie's for a few essentials. Found the villa easily and its beautiful with a view over a lake, we unpacked followed by a trip to Dominos for pizza washed down with an ice cold Coors light. Writing this and trying to stay awake a while longer but my body is telling me its 2.30 in the morning and I've been up since 5.30, won't be long till I'm asleep. Will report again in a few days.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,462 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have arrived......

Have a great holiday - good start despite the food on the flight lol

isle of wight
Level Contributor
821 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: We have arrived......

I'm allso a fussy eater we always go in the vroom and stuff my face on the buffet breakfast so I'm not hungry on there but take a packet of crisps and a sarnie and this does me enjoy your holiday looking forward to your trip report

wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We have arrived......

Sounds great so far....enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Marish

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We have arrived......

we have booked a car with Alamo what is save time and how do i go about getting it

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We have arrived......

Another fussy eater here. I always take food with me, it's surprising how hungry you get on a long haul flight.

traditionally, our last meal in Orlando before we fly home is usually spent at the cheese cake factory - I stuff my face there and have a turkey and bacon sandwich (can't remember what it's called) to go. Then when these crappy plane meals come around, I tuck into my lovely sandwich.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: We have arrived......

Great start, except the pasta lol, have a great time!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We have arrived......

Ah cheeky airlines telling DH he should've brought his own food!! Problem is you never know what you're going to get so how would one know whether one likes it or not. Stupid!!!

Anyway glad you've had a good start. Let the fun times roll :-)

UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We have arrived......

hope you have a superb time :)

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We have arrived......

Have afab time!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: We have arrived......

Your villa sounds great - have a wonderful trip!