We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
103 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

Hi all,

I don't normally second-guess my choices of hotel once booked, but I recently booked my honeymoon for next year and part of the stay is at Disney's beach club resort.

There have been some horrendous reviews lately, and I am so worried that I have made a big mistake.

I've stayed on Disney property before, but only in Value resorts. As this is my honeymoon, we have splurged and booked a Deluxe, and I am now so worried about my choice!

Are the reviews justified? Should I try and change hotels? I really liked the thought of the Epcot area hotels so we can walk to Epcot and DHS. The hotels in Magic Kingdom area were consioderably more expensive, and I don't want to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Help and advice much welcome!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

I haven't stayed there since 2010, but I am hoping to stay there next August. We've always loved it and had no problems. I'm interested to hear from people who have stayed recently :)

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

It's a Disney Deluxe Resort. What could be wrong with it?! I've never stayed there, but I've stayed at other deluxe resorts in the past. They're all beautiful. People having nothing else to complain about! When I went on my first trip without family last year I booked a value resort because I was only going to be there for a week. I read the reviews and I was mortified. When I got there, it was perfectly fine. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I wrote a review on it to put people's minds to ease because it's absolutely ridiculous how people complain about everything! Enjoy your honeymoon! You're in the top-of-the-line Disney hotel!!! No worries!!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

Having stayed there every year since 2003, although at the Villas, I cannot see where the complaints come from. The Resort as a whole & it's location is "Fantastic"

We got back a week ago:-( after yet another brilliant time & have now re-booked for next year:-)

TA Site :- Current 1132 - Excellent, Very Good & Average. 104 - Poor or Terrible.

So do you listen to the majority, or the minority???? How many thousands of guests go through the doors every year?

Just remember, people who complain, tend to let people know of there issues, especially on forums. People who have had a great time, tend not to write on forums, but tell people verbally....

I'm sure wherever you book, you will find negative reviews. Read the positive as well as the negative, to give a balanced report.

Congratulations on your wedding & have a great time.

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

Beach Club and the Yachtsman have two things none of the other WDW resorts have – Storm-a-long bay pool, and LOCATON. The pool is by far the best in all of WDW. With BC being next to Epcot and within walking distance of DHS, and attached to the Boardwalk, you can’t beat it!

We’ve stayed at BC three times, the most recent last year (April 2012). Our rooms have been fine – no real issues. Another source you might look at is AllEars.net – this site has a “Rate & Review” section where past guest post their reviews.

An alternative is the Boardwalk Resort. It’s across the waterway from BC and has really nice rooms – we stayed there last September. Nearly the same location, you just don’t get to use Storm-a-long Bay.

Also, the Swan & Dolphin are just across the street from BC and share a water way. Both are lovely hotels, but are not Disney owned – they are Sheraton (Starwood) properties. However, you do get Extra Magic Hour benefits and use of the WDW transportations system.

When you go, make sure you tell the check-in clerk you are on your honeymoon. They should give you buttons to wear that identify you as “Honeymooners.” We did and got several free things from other cast members while we were in the parks.

Good Luck.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

I used to be a big fan, but I was very disappointed last year. Here was what I had to say when I got back:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d1202…

My wife wants to go to the Polynesian next time around, and that is fine with me.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

I certainly wouldn't second-guess myself. The location is fantastic, dining is excellent and you'll have several options for transportation around the parks. I hope you have a great trip!

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

It wouldn't be my first choice, for a few reasons, one being that as wonderful as Storm-a-long Pool is, it is full of people, most of which are of the non adult type, for a honeymoon, it may not be ideal, not very romantic. Of course there will be kids at all the Resorts but we find it a lot more peaceful at the Wilderness Lodge, the quiet pooland beach are lovely. it is in the Magic Kingdom Area but less £ then the 3 Monorail Resorts ( one of the reasons we like it so much :)

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111366

If you want to stay In the Epcot Area, have a look at the Boardwalk Inn, it's charming and we find it less hectic than the BC, price should be about the same

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124393

If you can Modify your Reservation, explore the other options. It's an important holiday, you should feel good about your choices

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

Also in the Epcot area and next to the Beach Club is the Yacht Club, which also draws many more adults and many fewer kids than the Beach Club. I agree with partypa that the Beach Club is not particularly romantic, so you might want to make a change if you are able to do so.

9. Re: Have I made a mistake booking the Disney's Beach Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 05:16