We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook flights to florida

cumbria
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
thomas cook flights to florida

first time flying with Thomas cook to Florida just wondering how good they are and what the planes are like in side like own telly's and how good with kids and what entertainment and food are like?

as we have also flew with virgin but this year the are to expensive

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
wigan
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

They do have seat back tvs,or they did when we flew last year with them.

cant really compare them to Virgin,but for the price it was ok.

We got to Florida on time and then our holiday started,which is the main thing

Marish

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
cumbria
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

Thankyou was ment to say we're flying June 2014

wigan
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

No prob.we go August 2014😊

Marish

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,488 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

Airplane food is generally pretty dire. We always take our own snacks on board. It will probably say on the Thomas Cook website what the entertainment system is like. We have never flown with them so can't be much help.

wigan
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

If i remember rightly you get four movies to choose from.both ways

marish

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

I've flown with Thomas Cook a few times, they aren't the best but to be honest it all comes down to cost. Virgin are obviously great but if they are twice the price, ill suffer it! The planes are a bit dated and I believe they have a mixture of flip down screens and seat back ones depending on the aircraft. Your on there for 9 hours and if it saves you some money for a short time, it gives you more to spend when your over there!

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

I got back on Saturday after flying with Thomas Cook. The planes are fine with tvs in the back of the seat in front. We paid for premium economy on the way out and there was no more leg room then in economy You get to choose from 4 current films and some episodes of tv programmes. There is also radio channels. On the way out the food was quite nice and was by James Martin with even 3 choices of cheese for you crackers! On the way home it was pretty poor and for breakfast it was just a muffin and orange juice!

I have to say the cabin crew on the way out and back were quite miserable. No one engaged in conversation and were very much just getting on with their job.

Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

I have always flew with Virgin and wouldn't ever change because the service to all customers is 1st class we have over 20 current movies to choose from, the lastest tv shows and loads of music all on touch scene but florida is so awesome hope you have a great holiday I'm there on the 21st sept......

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
337 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

We flew out with them in August this year. Was my first long haul flight so nothing to compare to but we found them okay. Food was nicer on way there than on way home. There was 4 films plus TV programmes to watch which you need an adaptor for if taking own ear phones. Flight attendants were very nice on both flights. We were in the premium cabin on the way home which was quite abit roomier - lets put it this way the person infront could recline without it been a problem and my 6ft boyfriend didn't have to squash his legs in! Apparently Thomson is better, and Monarch is worse if that's any comparison for you.

Halifax
Level Contributor
766 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thomas cook flights to florida

virgin are much better for entertainment but you pay a lot more

us airways are better for entertainment and food but the flights are indirect (but cheaper)

we used Thomas Cook the first 4 times we went, each year it got worse. The tvs didn't work half the time, the quality of the seats etc got worse and the price kept going up.

Considered them for next year but the separate charges for luggage, food (which is poor) and even seats put me off

If you can get someone cheaper use someone else, if not then they are ok for getting you there - the holiday is the important bit not the flights, take a good book and an i pod