We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas at Disney World; when do the decorations go up

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
131 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas at Disney World; when do the decorations go up

We have annual passes that expire 11/2 and I'm hoping to get some Christmas time in because we don't plan on renewing. I have heard that the Osborne family lights don't go up until about a week after our passes expire so that is a bummer, but is there any other Christmas decor/Christmas event that we still might be able to participate in? thanks

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas at Disney World; when do the decorations go up

At Magic Kingdom, the last Halloween party is on the 1st (ends at midnight) and the 1st X-mas party on the 8th. You may be in luck by going on the 2nd

Edited: 09 September 2013, 20:55
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas at Disney World; when do the decorations go up

Well, 11/2 is pushing it for Xmas decorations I think.

I've been in past years the week of Halloween and into the first few days of November, and there were never any Xmas decorations up by then. They will just be starting to take down Halloween, so if you find any at all, it would be at Magic Kingdom as they tipically "take down Halloween" at the same time they are "putting up" Xmas due to the short time between the two "party" event dates.

I don't ever remember seeing any Xmas that early in the other park.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas at Disney World; when do the decorations go up

We were at Animal Kingdom on Nov. 1 several years ago, and the park was decorated for Christmas. The characters were in their Christmas outfits, too. I have no idea whether it was standard practice to start with AK when beginning decorations, or whether that was just a fluke, but it was nice to see. We assumed they had done it all overnight. That was the last day of our trip, and we had not seen any sign of Christmas anywhere else.

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas at Disney World; when do the decorations go up

The last MSNSHP is 11/1 (we have tickets). That night they remove the Halloween decorations and start putting up the Christmas decorations - start being the key word. The castle won't be fully decorated for a week or two, but some attractions should have some decorations out the next day. We have friends who were at WDW this time last year and they said the decorations came out at MK the day after the last Halloween party. This is why we're going at this time (11/1-11/5). The resorts start decorating that week or the next.

5. Re: Christmas at Disney World; when do the decorations go up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 05:18