We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin or Swan

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london,uk
Level Contributor
296 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphin or Swan

Hi all we are off to Florida next week, I have booked a villa for 4 nights, we then have a couple of nights at the Waldorf in Naples, I now need to book a night in Orlando, the dolphin and the swan are both coming in at around the same price, is one better than the other? We are 2 adults, ideally I would like a hotel I can see fireworks from. They are both coming in at just over £100 for 1 night. Thanks

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin or Swan

I don't think you'll get a great view of EPCOT fireworks from either hotel. the EPCOT show is best seen from inside the park as a lot of the action takes place on the lake, there aren't that many fireworks high up.

The biggest difference in the rooms is the Swan has queen beds and the Dolphin has doubles.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,825 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin or Swan

I prefer the swan for that reason. You can use either pool or the other hotels restaurants

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin or Swan

I've stayed at both. The Swan is a little smaller and does not have a conference center. The Dolphin is much bigger and has a very large conference center. Both are Sheraton properties (Starwood) and you can request the type of room and bed that you want. You may run into more business traveler at the Dolphin. There are more dining options at the Dolphin and both share the same great pool area and are served by WDW buses and guests get extra magic hour access. If you go, join Starwood's rewards program - one time at the Dolphin, I got upgraded to the largest hotel room I've ever seen - I could have had a party for 30 people in it!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphin or Swan

There are rooms at the Dolphin that have a very good view of the Epcot fireworks. You usually can't see the parts of Illuminations that take place at water level, but I've had some great views of the fireworks. You'd have to book an "Epcot view" room, though, which you are unlikely to get for that price. The Swan has only a handful of rooms with a view of the fireworks, though, also in a higher- price room category.

The Dolphin is much bigger and more bustling, with a better lobby, more shops, a spa, and more interesting architechture. It also has more (and better) restaurants. However, the bathroom is quite small. The Swan is quieter and has a more serene feel, with a more normal size bathroom, and two sinks. The Swan does have a convention center, but it is smaller than the one at the Dolphin.

While I personally prefer the Dolphin, either hotel would be a good choice. They share an great pool area.

london,uk
Level Contributor
296 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphin or Swan

Thank you all for your comments, now I just need to work out if I should go with one of these or splash out on The ritz Carlton for our last night.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphin or Swan

For convenience to restaurants & bars at the Boardwalk I would choose the Swan & Dolphin over the Ritz Carlton.

7. Re: Dolphin or Swan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 05:17