We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
317 posts
Save Topic
Universal

First question, is it possible to do both IOA and Universal Studios in one day? I am thinking its not... If not, second question, do you recommend buying the 2 day pass that lets you into one park each day, or the pass that lets you go into both parks for both days?

I guess my question is, is the extra 20 bucks necessary to be able to do both parks both days, or will i be able to do everything I want at each park one day each?

Also, are lines usually better during the weekdays? I will be going the week of Dec 11th, and would plan to do Universal on a Thursday and Sunday.

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal

We can get round both Parks in a day. It shouldn't be crazy crowded the time frame you are going. With that said, it isn't much more to get a 2 day ticket and if you have the time to go for 2 days, you can certainly go at a bit slower pace and not feel rushed. How long altogether will you be in Orlando ? And will you be visiting any other Parks ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal

We've done both in one day and then used 2nd day to revisit faves and as Partypa said "you can go at a slower pace". Sometimes it's just nice to have time to sit, snack & soak in the surroundings. Prefer being able to visit both parks each day...if one gets a bit crowded, we can walk over to the other and return later. Another thing is some days one park would be open 1 or 2 hours longer, so we finish with one and head to other. Usually visit in July & Dec. Our normal days in December are around the same as you'll be there and we've gone weekdays and weekends. Have never noticed a huge surge in crowds.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal

doable in 1 day but much nicer if you can do 2 days, would also purchase the hopper ticket so you can come and go when you feel like it.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal

We can do both parks in one day in slow seasons like September, but we are veteran visitors and know ahead of time exactly what we will be riding and not riding in both parks; we leave several things off.

If it's your first visit, or you plan to do all attrations, or you are going at a crowded time and won't have Express Passes, you may indeed need a full day at each park.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
613 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal

Gut reaction is to go for the park to park for two days, You can do both parks in one day but will probably need express pass and expect to feel rushed.

If you only plan to do a few key things why not get the one day park to park and then upgrade before you leave to 2 days if you feel you need more time.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal

Both in one day is really pushing it and missing some attractions. I'm not sure it is worth the extra money to park hop. I would do each park a full day. My son would have a hard time with only 1 day each, though.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal

I would plan two days at least, you can't enjoy yourself cramming it all into one day if it's your first visit you will miss so much and it wont feel like a holiday.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal

We love Universal and will be staying on site next week for two weeks. We will visit each park 3-4 times whiile we are there, I would hate to think we could only have one day at each park, they are so cool and have such amazing rides. We are not big Disney fans but will visit Hollywood studios and Epcot for a half day each

Boston
Level Contributor
317 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal

I will be arriving at the Orlando airport 10:30 am Wednesday , and I have a flight back at 7 pm Monday.

In this time frame, i want to visit SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Universal (1 day for each park im thinking).

Im trying to plan considering that wed i can't start at a park until mid-day, and Monday i would need to be at the airport around 5:30. Im also considering SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are cheaper on weekdays, so rather do those on weekdays.

Also, i am thinking of staying in tampa one night after busch gardens, as i have never been to tampa.

I will use the free busch gardens shuttle to get from there to orlando.

I don't plan on renting a car as of now...i will use shuttle service at hotels to parks, and cabs when needed.

Suggestions?

Edited: 12 September 2013, 20:43
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal

I like to go to the park I want to see most on my first full day to really ensure I get an early start.

I liked the giraffe feeding at Busch Gardens (which costs more) and think we bought it in advance.

Park hopping never works for me because I feel like I'm going be wasting time moving back or forth, and then miss something at the park I'm at - if that makes sense, but maybe I should try it again...

Hope you have a great time!