We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

Hi All.

Me and my partner are going to Orlando next October and plan on spending 7 days there and then heading to Miami for 7 days..

We are trying to work out what areas of Disney to visit and how long its going to take so wondered of any advice anyone could give.

So we have 7 days, and we both really want to do magical kingdom, universal studios plus horror night and islands of adventure. How long will it take to get round each of them and is epcot or discovery cove worth a visit? we werent sure if we would then have time to do anything else like waterparks as only have a week so have been trying to cut it down to what we really want to do.

Just really want to make the best of the 7 days we have!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,701 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

Well first, Disney World is 4 parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, plus 2 water parks). Universal is 2 parks (universal and islands of adventure). All parks need at least a day each. Maybe take a look at them all on line and see what you think and how many you want to visit :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,009 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

I would give each of the Parks a full day ( 4 for Disney World + 2 for Universal ) and add Discovery Cove, if it is in the budget and you think you will have enough energy to be doing a Park each day

Have you decided where you will stay yet ?

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

Thanks for the replies :)

We saw there are 4 parks but if I'm looking online we are only really interested in Magic Kingdom and both Universal's. We were also looking at a water park, do you know which is better out of wet b wild and the Disney parks? Also, we can't decide whether to go to Epcot, has anyone been and is it any good?

We are interested in Discovery Cove and can push the budget to go but not sure if we fancy it, although we love the idea of swimming with dolphins! Would people consider this a "must do"?

Thanks again for all your help.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,695 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

Hello, please don't think I am being nosey but are you sure you want to spend a week in Miami? Have you got plans to do a lot of sightseeing when you are there....Everglades, maybe a drive down to Key Largo etc?

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

No need to apologise, my bf has actually put a further forum note asking where else we could/should stay as he's not too sure about a week in Miami. His thinking of looking at the Keys or Clearwater/St Petersburg way. Would you have any other thoughts on where to spend a week after Disney?

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

We normally do Orlando, followed by the Gulf coast, have stayed at Clearwater and St Pete Beach, much prefer the latter, plenty of things to do at both though, Dolphin watching, Shell Key preserve, Egmont key, water is usually warmer than the Atlantic side and you have the added bonus of being close to Busch Gardens, brilliant park with fab roller coasters and animals.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,695 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

Clearwater Beach is lovely or there is the area around Sarasota (Lido Key, Siesta Key), St Pete Beach etc. All would be better IMHO than Miami. The Florida Keys are beautiful but a long, long drive from Orlando....at least 5.5 hrs to the first Key, Key Largo and then another two hours or so down to Key West and that would be without stops. We love the Keys and spend two weeks there each year, flying in and out of Miami but you could just about manage it in a week if you don't mind the driving.

If you are interested at all in history, you could try St Augustine, a two hour drive north of Orlando. It is (I believe) the oldest settled city in the USA and has a lot of interesting things to see and do and it is also on the coast.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

I very much like the idea of being able to go to Busch Gardens as after a week of rides in Orlando we will be wanting another fix before we go home!

I also like the look of the nature reserves and will look into St Augustine as well. Its nice to hit the coast but we do like to see some sights as well so the latter sounds very interesting. Now to look at where would be best to go biking in these areas :).

I'm getting the feeling Miami may not be our destination and i always thought the Keys would be just that little bit too far to go.

Thanks everyone for your help so far, its defintely narrowing down out choices.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,701 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

I would suggest Wet n Wild for 2 adults, they have the best slides (take a look at their website).

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
692 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A good itinerary for a 7 day trip to disney!

If you are considering Busch gardens the I think you should do Discovery cove if you get the right ticket Busch gardens is included, as well as SeaWorld and aquatica.

I would suggest

Day 1 SeaWorld, take it easy few rides and can rest to do shows.

Day 2 Universal day 1 (have a park to park to give to you the freedom)

Day 3 Discovery cove - More of a relaxed day

Day 4 MK, long day stay for wishes.

Day 5 Universal day 2

Day 6 Wet N wild or Aquatica during day then HNN at night

Day 7 - Spare to do things again, relax, or have as contingency in case any rides are down.

Not knowing your exact dates it's only a suggestion, as you'll need to work in HNN, when you play with your itinerary try and do discovery cove early on in case it has to be delayed due to bad weather. I'm also assuming that you we be happy to be on the go most of the time and though some people say waterparks are a relaxing day others disagree.