We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

TheSunshine2008
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

As we're on our honeymoon I thought I'd surprise the wife with a discobery cove dolphin swim...I've had the 16th in my head for months. Just given her the confirmation and it says the 14th. Devastated isn't even the word!

It's too late to sort anything here now until the morning but I've email orlando attraction tickets to see if they can help. I'll speak to the Expedia expert at 7 when they open and maybe even go to discovery cove to beg they let us swim or fit us in another day before we go home.

Easy mistake to make with wedding and honeymoon planning! Check everything so carefully because you only need to overlook one line of text to ruin your holiday!

winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

How awful! I think your best bet would be to go to Discovery Cover in person, hat in hand, looking very sad . They are not obligated to do anything for you but maybe they will feel sorry for you and let you in as a good will gesture. Good Luck.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

I have read before of times where people have forgotten their date & DC allowed them in on the original ticket. I would try yhem in person as pp mentions. Good luck :-)

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
322 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

Oh my what a shame ....I hope you get it all sorted out please let us know how you got on and enjoy the test of your holiday and don let it ruin the rest . I'm sure they will sort you out by giving you an extra day .

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

Had a wee look at the DC website and it is showing availability for the rest of this week so hopefully they will be sympathetic - good luck

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

Contact DC if there is availability i'm sure they will change it.

Good luck! let us know how it goes.

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

when we went last year we were booked to go the day before Labor day, however the next day was our wedding anniversary. Hubby rang them and they changed the date for us without any problems at all. Like others have said go cap in hand and ask very nicely I am sure they will try and accomodate you. Good luck.

TheSunshine2008
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

Hi all,

I emailed Discovery Cove and a lovely lady called Louise from customer relations has replied and said to come on down and enjoy the day.

I really can't thank them enough, so accomomodating. No wonder they're rated so highly in the reviews.

Thanks everyone. ;)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,432 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

Happy to hear it. Discovery Cove allows one complimentary date change pending availability. Luckily a time of year when capacity isn't an issue and also that you have time left in your holiday to do it still. Congratulations on your marriage Enjoy the day

Edited: 16 September 2013, 12:00
south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

Excellent news! Enjoy the day!

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
322 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I've managed to forget our dc dolphin swim by two days :(

That's fantastic news, I have a tear in my eye, enjoy your day and just shows how their customer service over in Orlando is a1 that would not have happened here. Excellent :)