We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very excited!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
117 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Very excited!

We are taking our girls for the first time in Oct. Ages 8 and 5! I am so excited, but we haven't told them yet. My husband wants to keep it a secret until they day we leave and they figure it out. It is killing me not to tell them! I am so excited!!!

What are some things you did that made your first trip for your kids extra special?

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very excited!

Princess dresses. The way that cast members treat little girls who are wearing Disney princess dresses is just priceless. It's brought this dad to tears more than once.

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very excited!

Harmony Barbershop & Photopass package - get great pics

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very excited!

Good for you to keep this trip secret - I wish we had done this! We bought my son an autograph book and a Disney pin lanyard - he had so much fun getting the book signed and pics with the characters as well as trading pins with the cast members.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very excited!

Book one or more character meals; they are great fun for the kids.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
117 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very excited!

Thanks! I have bought them each a princess autograph book. We are also doing a couple character meals.

Photopass package is on the list. Keep them coming!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very excited!

I believe you're staying at POFQ? We were there and loved it. If you have time and aren't too tired, one night we watched a movie outside - they have it on the grass - it was really relaxing and so fun to see all the rabbits hopping around amongst the kids! We did a sit-down dinner one night at Boatwright's when we'd been all day at Universal so were too tired for a Disney park - food there was excellent.

You can keep your eye on this site with some other ideas:

portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedul…

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
117 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very excited!

Yes, thanks for the info.

phila
Level Contributor
519 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Very excited!

We surprised our grand daughter last labor day with a weekend trip to the world. We did not tell her until we were getting on the magical express bus. She was so excited. Aftrerwards she said that was the best surprise ever and I am veryhappy I kept the secret and it worked out better then I expected.. If I get a vote- I vote to tell them when you get there

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,508 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Very excited!

I managed to keep it secret the second time we went. i have the whole thing on video of me breaking the news to her the morning we left. I tear up everytime I watch it. It was great.

You have all the good ones covered. A secret trip, character meals, autograph books and pin trading.

You could have them pick out Mickey Ears when you get there. There are tons of choices, so maybe let them choose which ones they want.

Have a great time!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
117 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Very excited!

Thanks everyone! I am can't believe we have kept it a secret this long! I am sure when we get to the airport and my 8 year old see's we are going to Orlando, she may figure it out then. We shall see though!