We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
354 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

Does anyone have any experience renting a car from Dollar Rent-a-Car in the Orlando Airport? They are currently offering some killer rates and I’m worried they may be too good to be true. Thanks.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

I would like to know too, I saw they were half price compared to other companies.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

Dollar is a national brand. They operate in every airport across the country. They are no better and no worse than any of the others at MCO. Rates change often. Sometimes many times a day. If you see a good rate, book it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

They always seem to have killer rates in the fall. Use coupone code 5C11M to save an extra 15%. We used last September and it was great, and we are reserved again for our trip in October. Getting a full size for $130 for 7 days, that is with all taxes!

They are in the airport, so it's convenient and no annoying shuttles. Sign up for the Express thingy on the website to skip lines and avoid upgrade shenanigans. We didnt do it last year, but have it for this time.

Just so you know, Dollar and Thrifty are essentially same company and service counters are side by side in airport. I posted a long review of Dollar last year if you feel like sifting thru my posts to find it, lol. Hope this helps

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

Thanks Cmargo101 - I found your reviews. Wow - such detail!! I'm now more confident with my choice for car rental. Thanks again

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

I just used them two weeks ago...they were great! Would definitely use them again. The person at the counter told me that Hertz owns Dollar, Thrifty and now Firefly a new company at MCO

Edited: 17 September 2013, 16:58
New York
Level Contributor
454 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

I usually rent from Dollar or Thrifty and have had no problems in the past. Just always understand what extra fees you need to pay (so no surprises) and you should have no problems

NEw York
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

I just rented with Dollar Rent a Car at MCO and they overcharged me on my rental. I specifically told the agent that I don't want supplemental coverage because my Amex card covers my rentals through its supplemental coverage and they charged me regardless. They give you an electronic pad to accept the terms and conditions and just fly you through the screens telling you to hit accept. I find this to be a terrible way to do business and will not rent with these people again. Apparently this is an industry wide practice!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

" They give you an electronic pad to accept the terms and conditions and just fly you through the screens telling you to hit accept. I find this to be a terrible way to do business and will not rent with these people again."

Did you read everything before you hit accept? If not, that's not a good way to do business either. Caveat emptor.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
562 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

Have used both Dollar & Alamo out of MCO in the past, little difference if any between the two, if I had to choose I'd just go with he cheapest option

10. Re: Dollar Rent-a-car at MCO - opinions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:19