We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal - storing bags on rides

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Universal - storing bags on rides

Hi. In Orlando now and going to Universal tomorrow. I know there are lockers but if you just have a small bag that you want to keep with you I assume you can just leave it at the start of the ride and pick it up when you have finished?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

Not a great assumption at Universal. Not a problem at Disney, but for the rides they aren't allowed at Universal they'll generally stop you at the line entrance. Most of the rides that disallow have the lockers nearby with many of them free for the limited ride duration.

London
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

ok thanks. Hopefully just make use of the lockers near each ride then. Dont want to have to keep going back to a particular area.

Lurgan, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

Hat, glasses, mobile and wallet. Shove in pockets when going on rides.

I carry the kitchen sink around Disney...but at Universal I always rent a locker in IOA and leave the big stuff there for both parks. Then ask.."what do I absolutely need with me" instead of "what might I need" and I always get the same answer.....see first line :-)

Top up suncream when going from ioa to US and *maybe* grab poncho if its looking like a stormy afternoon. Still stuffable or even wearable on rides.

Universal has too many good rides to waste time with lockers....esp at harry potter....massive PITA.

Just my approach. Others will tell you they have no problem using the Ride lockers...even the ones at HP ;)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,284 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

We had no problems with the lockers, we were there last September, so not too crowded. It depends on the crowds. Plus it's only a few rides in each park, not all of them :)

Ratoath, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

Be Warn, The locker in universal and IOA are small so you may need to stuff the normal school bag size. A smaller bag may be better where you dont have to squeeze and stuff the locker.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

My problem with lockers in Universal, is remembering which locker I used.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
722 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

Had that problem too welshjock getting off MIB last time we were there. I remembered which screen alright but I went through every single number before I finally got the one our bags were in! Bring a pen to write it on your hand or bring a good memory!!!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

If you are going to NOT take a bag (to avoid ohaving to use lockers) then try to ensure someone in your party has zipped pockets.

We had the bright idea of travelling light to IoA and I couldnt relax on the rides because I was holding onto my pockets to stop car keys, phone etc falling out.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

There is nothing worse than stood at a screen typing in every number because you have forgotten yours, It happened a few times to me. Usually with a big crowd stood behind me starring.

Sorry to anyone this happened to!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal - storing bags on rides

If you ever get totally stumped and can't remember your locker number, just find an attendant. They will ask you to describe what's in locker and can easily find it for you.