We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1-2 Days in Disney World. Best Park?

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
1-2 Days in Disney World. Best Park?

Hi, I am doing the Disney World Marathon in January and I was wondering what park is the best for me to go to? It will be my boyfriend and I (both adults 25yo) and we will only be there for a day maybe two if we are up for it after 13 miles of running. I have already gone to Universal but I was hoping for something fun for adults. Last time I was there I was 4, and he has never gone. Also, I am a huge Disney nut and he is not...so something a little Disney-y but not overwhelming. Also, is the fast pass recommended since we will only be there for limited days? Thank you for responding!

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1-2 Days in Disney World. Best Park?

If you don't want the total immersion, then look into Epcot. Otherwise the Magic Kingdom is best. FastPass comes with your ticket. No charge.

This site has a lot of good information: http://allears.net/index.html#

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1-2 Days in Disney World. Best Park?

The Magic Kingdom has the “Disney Magic” everyone is looking for in a visit to WDW. However, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I feel, is better suited for the adult visitor. My wife and I are in our mid-forties, and our favorite park is DHS. Epcot is mu second choice, but either are great parks.

I second Sudlow’s recommendation of Allears.net as a resource.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1-2 Days in Disney World. Best Park?

I really like Hollywood Studios. It is the smallest park, so it's not so much walking to get from one attraction to the other. Great for achy legs, I would imagine.

HS has some good shows also, allowing more Off-Your-Feet time.

It also has a young, hip, vibe to it, imo. Not babyishly magical like Magic Kingdom, or snootishly food and whiney like epcot. Dont get me wrong, I love both of those parks too.

We only have two Disney days for our trip. Epcot is a must, and DH really wants MK, otherwise I would choose HS.

Congrats in advance on you run. Have a blast!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1-2 Days in Disney World. Best Park?

Thank you all for your advice! Sounds like I will be doing Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Now all I have to do is focus on the training!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1-2 Days in Disney World. Best Park?

Our favourite parks were Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Good luck with your training and the Marathon - it's always been my dream to run a Disney race!

6. Re: 1-2 Days in Disney World. Best Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:19