We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food in in mt suitcase.

Hitchin, England...
Level Contributor
48 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
food in in mt suitcase.

Hi off to orlando in 2014, i would like to take tea coffee and a few snacks, in my suitcase, is this a problem with the US customs.

Also are you allowed to take your own food into the theme parks.

Thankyou.

Chrissy

Edited: 19 September 2013, 13:16
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

As long as you declare your foodstuffs on your white customs form that you'll get on the plane you'll be fine. No dairy or meat or fresh fruit or veg. Tea & Coffe I can kind of understand bringing but snacks? The shops are full of all sorts of goodies.

You can take food into Disney & Universal, don't think Seaworld allow you to though.

Hitchin, England...
Level Contributor
48 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

OK thankyou, forget the snacks , but i would like to take tea, as ive been told the tea is rubbish. lol.

Thanks for your reply

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

The only thing we take is tea as I do not drink Coffee and the tea is awful.I do take it out of the box and leave in the foil inner wrapper and always declare it as I think the dogs might sniff it and think it is something else.

All the rest buy there , the coffee ( my husband says ) is better and the snack selection is huge !!!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

Actually the tea is not "rubbish",many of us like it just fine. It is just different than what people in other countries are used to and that is not a good thing first thing in the morning...so yes,bring your own. You must declare any food you bring in;no dairy(except some cheeses),no produce,no fresh meat(so leave that rib roast home)The candy is different here too.

And if you are traveling with children,you might want to bring some of the cookies ,cereal and other snacks they like. We certainly do when we go to Europe as our kids prefer what they are used to. While many grocery stores in Orlando have a British grocery section,it tends to be a couple of packages of shortbread,some salad dressing and a can of mushy peas-oddly enough,Robinsons is available in NYC in many flavors but I rarely see it in Florida. Kind of heavy to bring with you though

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

Do not put food stuffs in any luggage outside of the tea and coffee. Biscuits you might get away With but do declare on your customers form. Fresh, meat or dairy products are a massive no.

You will find uk brands, Unilever and Nestle which owns most of them is a massive US business too. You will get liptons tea (unilever brand), to robinsons juice (target is where we found it most). You sometimes need to look hard and a number of supermarkets treat it as an ethnic isle. Diluting juice is the one we do hunt down which for us is robinsons

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

I have never declared food stuffs oops! Didn't really think about it that much as it was snacks for my son and weetabix! Did take a whole bottle of Robinsons the last time too as couldn't find the US equivalent on our first trip, without buying it in the UK section and it was quite expensive! Ah well, you live and learn!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
337 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

I took food into all Disney and Universal parks. It's a big no go for the parks owned by Seaworld.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

No it's not a problem as we always bring our own tea bags as there tea is not nice. No need to bring coffee as loads of Starbucks around. Highly recommend bringing snacks from home for your kids as Snacks out there are full of sugar, way more than at home. You can even taste the sugar in there bread. Would also recommend bringing your own cereal for them.

Bringing snacks into the parks is fine

Edited: 19 September 2013, 19:19
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

Never bring our own food in the parks as we just don't want to carry stuff around or have to return to locker, but many people do. Have read and been told that a few sandwiches, snacks are okay, but not an over abundance of food and definitely nothing that requires heating (which goes without saying). No glass bottles or hard sided coolers. There's also a limit to the size of soft sided coolers and backpacks I believe.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: food in in mt suitcase.

Hello we took Tetley tea bags with us, I brought the small packet and took it in my hand luggage unopened. I did keep asking people if they were okay and they said they were, no need to declare on a form. Also we took snacks into all the parks, water, crisps, fruit and cereal bars with no problem. Even the seaworld ones!