We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Cloud

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
St Cloud

we are thinking of going to the reptile world sepentarium in st Cloud has any body being and what is it like also we are staying at the enclave suites off I Drive about how long will it take to get there and is there any where else in that area that is a must see

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St Cloud

This attraction is in a pretty isolated area and the closest attraction would be Wild Florida Airboat Rides at 2271 US 192 E, Kissimmee (www.orlandoairboattours.com) which is about 15 minutes from the Reptile World. Driving time is about 45 minutes from I Drive and the Enclave Suites.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
The Enclave Hotel & Suites
The Enclave Hotel...
5,617 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,165 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Cloud

I assume you will be driving if so straight down the 192

As stated wild Willys airboats and also royal St. Cloud golf club are about the only "attractions"

I can recommend wild Willys

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St Cloud

Though I've always been interested in stopping I never have. One of their roles is extracting venom for research and medicinal purposes. It's pretty remote in a very small and plain building typically with just a few cars any time I've ever passed. I imagine it would be very interesting to a reptile enthusiast (as should Gatorland if you've never been). The best route from that hotel would actually probably be to go east on I-4 in order to jump on the turnpike to 192 which would probably take 40 minutes or so. St. Cloud has a nice Lakefront Park with sand beach, biking/walking path, playground, and splash pad. There is also a restaurant. The Catfish Place is a popular local seafood establishment on 192. For another attraction attraction, Forever Florida is also in that neck of the woods.

Mentioned in this post
The Catfish Place
The Catfish Place
620 Reviews
Saint Cloud, FL
Forever Florida
Forever Florida
610 Reviews
Saint Cloud, FL
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Cloud

Thanks for the replays we have being to gatorland last time DH is interested in the Vermont collection and 45 mins is not too far to drive

5. Re: St Cloud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:19