We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Hiya Guys,

i'm having to do this TR on the same day (ussually do it the next morning)

So, off we went to Epcot.....Lovely and sunny, couldn't ask for better...

Arrived at 10am....walked in from the carpark we were that close..

striaght onto the Epcot big ball thingy, all about how good we are at communication.....Then i thought, bloody hell we've come on loads in my small time, it was all post and phone calls with 2 & 10p's (For those of you are a bit younger than me, phone calls were in one of those red boxes that we never use now, unless you were posh and had a phone at home)....

So, how easy it is for me to tell you all, where ever you are in the World, how good our day at Epcot was......Bloody hell, ive got to stop being phylisophical.....

So, back to Epcot....Booked FP for fasttrack, we then did the NASA ride, and took the extreme side, firstly, ive never seen as many "if you dont want to do this ride" then get out now, messages

We got on it felt great, then i realised there are actually sick bags in the cockpit with you......

Up and off we took.....that was ok, then i felt the weightless ness, well, that bit didnt do me any good at all......I had a look at the bags, just to make sure they wern't disney pretend bags, they wernt..Big breaths, big breaths....Phew the feeling went, not sure what the 12 yr old French girl to my side would have thought if she was going to see my breakfast toast n jam......

Got off and had a go at the big game in the leaving area, we played with a Texan dad n son, and boy did they want to win.....We did our bit for the British contingensey...we won with 98%...not sure what it meant though, but we got high 5'sand loads of woops, so we must have done good...

We went and got FP's for soaring for 4.30...

went back and did fasttrack, we all did it , except MIL, she doenst like fast stuff, we all loved it, with the new changes aswell....

Drooled over the cars in the foyer...Mortgage is paid off next yr.......Sure DW will have something more important to buy though....

Went round the World anti clockwise, Mexico 1st, DD did the secret agent for in Norway & China, it worked better this yr than when she tried it the other year, a bit less complicated..

Went onto the Norway boat ride...MIL likes this kind of ride, we were sat behind her with a bottle of water in hand.........Well, it was rude not to....splashing her with a wet finger, only small drops, but they all add up...

Me & DW were doing the very quite laugh behind her, as you do...

When she was getting off she was asking DD "are you wet ?..... I'm wet through" , our laughs give us away....

We went round to Germany and got a Pilsner....Whoosh, bloody hell it went straight to my head....DD got a Funnel cake with ice cream on, weve never had it before.....Gunna have it again though, we shared it between the 5 of us...Yummy....

DD got me at my soft spot,whilst i'm slightly under the influence...."dad can i have a neck lanyard with badges on start pack?", yes of course you can.....HOW MUCH...ho well, she loves it....Now wants to swap pins with cast members....

We realised the time was getting on so we had to stride from Japan to Soaring...Just made it in time, but our calfs were screaming....

MIL, didnt realise what she was going on, FIL had nail marks in his hand from her gripping him tightly....Ho,,, and i got the look......

We came out of Epcot at 5.45 ish, called into Publix for the essentials....

MIL made T for us all, salad & chicken, bless her, she's a great cook.....

So up early in the morning as it's our Discovery Cove day.....

Cheers,

Trill

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Great TR... Have a great day at DC

wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Another great day,another great trip report.

Enjoy discovery cove

Marish

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,419 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

You are so good at these TRs I look forward to reading your next installment. Had to laugh at you flicking water at your MIL!

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Love these reports, got to try that bottle of water routine next time, not sure it will work on small world...

Watch that pin trading, as soon as you are hooked it can eat in to spends big time. Was talking with a cast member at Boardwalk shops couple of trips back and it was Pin Trading that had convinced him to get a job at Disney. The discounts made his obsession more acceptable. However when he told be he had sunk $15k in to pins I had to suggest he needed serious help not a job!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Another fun report...thanks for sharing. I'm of the same mind as you when we ride the Epcot Ball Thingy...we've caome a very long way. I totally remember phone booths with doors and sometimes even a little seat, not to mention the rotary dialers with finger holes! Making a phone call required effort back then...oops I'm really dating myself!! Looking forward to your next installment.

By the way...on your next funnel cake with ice cream, you must try adding whipped cream and chocolate syrup drizzled on top. Edible Happiness!!

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Love reading your TR'S Trill!

Have a fab day at DC! Soooo jealous.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Love your Yorkshire humour trill..... You sound just like my own hubby with my mum - she also has "the look".

Funnel cake and ice cream, we happily discovered on our last visit and can't wait to devour again soon. Didn't know you could get whipped cream and chocolate drizzle. Best not eaten pre rides.....

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Another great TR trill - it must be the way you write them as I chuckle all the way through, hubby looks at me and I have to read it to him but can't cos I'm laughing so much! Keep em coming they are making up for the fact I'm so jealous your still there while we are now back home. Enjoy Discovery Cove :-)

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Oh my gosh..sooo funny. I was giggling/giggeling/giggleing like a mental case,as I pictured you doing the water thing in Norway. You guys are so bad. LOL :+))

Sounds as if DD know just when to hit you up for trinkets.

((He's had beer,now is my time.I'm goin in)) Ha ha ha ha!

Thanks for sharing your day,and letting us Epcot fans "walk around" with you.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LiveTr Day 7 Epcot....Meal at "Chef De MIL".....

Thanks for the comments guys.

Mrsrad, i'm going to have a go at Edible Happiness , that sounds great, think there maybe a fight on my hands though if i'm sharing it with 4 others.....Sharp plastic forks at the ready....Think we maybe going back tomorrow to do the rest of the countries we missed and see the fireworks at 9pm.....

Think we might get the fish n chips from London....I think Disney missed a trick...there F&C's are only $8.99... i paid £5.00 at home the other week from the local chippy....Think i might even treat MIL...

Fil thinks they use Pollocks......Yes, i had to ask twice......I dont fancy mind with chips..

No wonder they're cheap

Trill