We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brief Disney TR

O'Fallon, MO
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Brief Disney TR

Sitting at the airport waiting for our flight back to St. Louis. Stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and had free dining plan. Loved PO and would go back in a heartbeat. We were in Bldg. 25. A bit of a walk to the dining area and main pool but going to Disney, you know there will be lots of walking. We averaged over 7 miles a day even on non-park days. Weather was great (maybe 88-90) everyday with limited rain. Magic Kingdom on Sunday, longest wait was 30 minutes for Peter Pans flight! Monday AK - don't miss Lion King. Tuesday - Blizzard Beach. Wednesday DTD for Bibbity Bobbity. Thursday - HS (my least favorite park) in the AM and back to MK for Electrical Parade & Fireworks (both amazing). Friday - Epcot. Ate at - food court most morning for quick service breakfast. Huge portions and good food. Character Breakfast at AK Tusker House. Lots of choices and of course my granddaughter loved it. Dinner at The Wave (Contemporary) okay but not overly impressed. Dinner at Whispering Canyon (awesome) T-Rex (good food & cool atmosphere), Perisido 37 (good fish tacos) Boma ( good but I'm not a big buffet person) and Auckerhaus Princess Dinner (awesome food and of course princesses). Again, granddaughter was in awe. I would most definitely do dining plan (especially if its free). Eating for a week at Disney is quite expensive. Loved the Magic Band. Do prebook your FP and do preregister online for check-in. All cast members were fabulous. Will not miss the screaming crying kids 24/7 (including my granddaughter).

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brief Disney TR

Lovely trip report. Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing xx

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brief Disney TR

Nice little trip report ... Like it when people recommend places to eat.

Lots of good tips for us to use, thanks.

What happened to lion king, must have slept through that one.?

And where were the screaming kids, want to avoid them!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brief Disney TR

I agree, I loved reading your thoughts on the restaurants you ate :-)

Thanks for sharing your trip. I bet your GD loved it!!!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brief Disney TR

Am impressed that you're posting from the airport - nice! 7 miles a day, wow, were you wearing a pedometer? Nice idea :) Character meals are awesome! Thanks for posting!

O'Fallon, MO
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brief Disney TR

As far as screaming/crying kids.......little ones are so tired from all of the excitement and lack of naps or sleep they can get a little cranky. My GD normally takes a two hour noon nap. She slept in the stroller maybe an hour each day. There was no way she would have gone back to our hotel for a nap. As long as they are not yours, it's almost funny watching them.

O'Fallon, MO
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brief Disney TR

Sorry for double posting.....Lion King show was at the Animal Kingdom. It was like a Broadway production with beautiful costumes, great music, lots of dancing and acrobatics. And yes, I wore a pedometer. We also used the free Disney Magical Express transportation. Checked our luggage at our home airport. Luggage arrived in our room a few hours after we checked in. Same thing going home - checked our luggage in at PO and didn't have to deal with it again until we got back to our home airport. And don't get me wrong about the little ones, they will love every minute of it. I can't wait to hear my grandaughters stories!

7. Re: Brief Disney TR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:19