We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

Hiya guys,

Well, what a day.......No chance of a drought here today....

Up & out early, we got to BG for 9.30 just as the carpark was opening.....

Before i carry on, if you are going to BG for the first time.....DO SOME HOMEWORK.......

The signs are non existant......Check your route on google before you set off and right it down if required.....THERE ARE NO ROADS SIGNS TO BG.....or very few, and you would have to know where to look to find any....SO.......DO YOUR HOMEWORK, before you set off.....That's the lesson for today...

So into the park for rope drop, we did Cheeta,Munta, Sheekra, and the other one at the very top of the park , all a few time, then it started...Down came the rain.......

Now i really was looking for the man with the big white beard looking for spare wood for his boat for the animals 2X2....

It didnt just rain....It Battered it down....On Biblical styles.....

We took shelter for a couple of hrs...they shut the rides down for over 2 hrs, then opened for a bit, me & DD jumped onto Sheekra had a go round, off and back on and just as we started going up the hill it started again....As we were going round the top bit we could see the rain coming in...

we went donw the first drop and it was battering it down, we were all inpain from the rain drops hitting our faces.....We got off, we may as well have been a a water ride.....Bloody soaked again....

Luckily dry shorts and t shirt await n the car.....

So we had a good day, British stiff upper lip n all that....we will have fun....Bring it on.....

Set off for the villa, coming up the i4, i knew it wasnt going to be an easy drive, done this in rain before......

But.....

Bloody hell, this was one, if not the dardest drive ever had.....at some points visibility was nearly down to 50 yards...not an easy drive, if i hadnt had all my experience behind me, i think i would have pulled over into a safe stop somewhere.....

So, had T at Logans, a real bargain, Mon - Wed they have 2 mains for $13.99..

We had 5 mains, 3 beers, a wine and soda.....How many times can this bring be brought wrong? and 2 soft drinks $60...

Back to the villa...

MNSSHP tomorrow night, fingers crossed about the weather for tomorrow night..

Trill

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

Thanks for another enjoyable read - this time a wet one LOL thanks for the lesson of the day & congrats on knowing where you were going well enough to be there for rope drop!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

Sounds like you did well driving in that kind if rain...well done. I would've stopped for sure, I hate driving in torrential rain. Good day though despite the weather. That's a good deal at Logan's!!

Didcot, England...
Level Contributor
145 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

I had the same problem with rain when I was in Orlando, I was driving abroad for first time, on my first trip to USA and it was our second full day, I was freighted, I thought about pulling over but decided to brave it.

Glad I did as soon as this was over, I felt a lot more comfortable on the road.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,214 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

Trill another great TR

Have you tried asking for a white wine spritzer?

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

What a shame about all that rain, we love BG but have always had nice days.

Your holiday is going by fast, thanks for sharing!

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

Hiya guys,

Thanks for the comments,

Sailexuma, i remember for last time the signs were terible, so , i had a look on google maps to remind were it was......

And lucky i did too........a bit daft really as they must know loads of guests will be coming from the orlando area..

Susie....tried em all now, spritzer brings a wine with lemonade......(",).....

We ask for white wine bit soda water in the same glasswith no ice........MIL got a red wine version last night....

I wouldnt mind, but she ordered it correctly as we all listen intently now......even DD ....

AJ....it,s a really good deal....

wigan
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

Oh dear...Weather sounded rotten.Scary driving in that,when we was going to the airport last year it was the same,i was pooing myself!

And good tip about doing the homework,glad you found your way though

Hope you have decent weather for MNSSHP,it never stopped raining when we went last year,but we still had a fab time,and got soooo many sweets we was eating them for months later.lol

Marish

London
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

Oh trill.....what am I going to do when you come home and no more hilarious TRs :o))

Now I know I'm guilty of tagging the "lol" onto the end of stuff as many are, but my god, I had a real good old belly laugh at you two sat on Shekra in that rain as you were all in pain from the raindrops hitting your faces - that vision will stay with me for a long time ha ha. I've just shown hubs this posting and he had a good laugh as well.....sorry, not really laughing AT you but with you, oh you know what I mean.

Dry shorts and T shirts in the car.....I remember someone on TA giving that handy tip.

Great that you went for rope drop and got to go on most of the big stuff more than once before...you WILL remember your visit to Busch Gardens!!!!

BTW, where is Logans?

What's next?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

You're a true Yorkshire man trill - likes a good bargain and battles through the rain. Reet good read agin....

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live TR day 12 ( Where's my holiday Gone?) busch Gardens

FF,,,

There are 2 logans that i know of....1 opposite the old town, near i4 on the 192,

The othe is also onthe 192 abiut 4 miles east of the 27....do a google for the locations....they are good..

We are sat in the villa wkrking our plan of action out for thecrain day, looks a bit of shopping, dinner at cheescake factory, then mmnsshp tonight, hope the rain holds off....

Trill