We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World in March

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
138 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Disney World in March

I know, I heard that collective groan.....March.....spring break......I am crazy.

We are driving and staying in a timeshare in Kissimmee, going for baseball spring training games. We want to purchase a 3-4 day pass to DW. I am going to add the park hopper, but I can't quite find out how to get the fast pass or if you can even use it if you are staying off "world". Also, can your tickets be used to ride the buses between the worlds instead of driving all over the place?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Morrisville, North...
Level Contributor
43 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney World in March

On Fast Pass + , you can't get that yet. Right now it is still in trials for some guests staying in some on-site resorts. By March it should be available to everyone. I am planning a trip in Jan - so a basic summary of what I am finding on the Disney website ... to be prepared for Fast Pass + when it rolls out to everyone ... go to the Disney website, Click on My Disney Experience. Set up your account, add the names of everyone in your family (your friends and family list), and when you get your tickets, for each person "link" the code on the back of that person's ticket to their name. This gets all of your info into the system.

Then, when Fast Pass + becomes available, you can go on-line and make your selections. It will tie your selections to the individual tickets. You can always change them later. If you have a smart phone, you can download My Disney Experience app and make any changes to it from your phone (apparently there are/will be kiosks in the park you can use as well to make any changes).

I'm not sure I understand your question about the buses. I think you are asking if you can use the Disney Bus System to go between parks instead of moving your car from one park to the other ? I've only used them to Park Hop when I was staying on property, so I don't know if they are supposed to be only for resort guests or not (maybe someone else can answer that), but I have never been asked to show my room key or otherwise verify I was staying on property to ride them. (But if you decide to do this, be careful where you leave your car. Some of the parks close earlier than others - you don't want to stay too late at one park and miss the last bus for where you left your car :-)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney World in March

Anyone (off site or on site) can use the Disney transport. You don't have to show a ticket or anything :)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney World in March

Actually, March is less crazy next year than in 2013, because Easter 2014 is April 20th, or 20 days later than this year. Some of the March madness (so to speak) will shift to April next year.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
138 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney World in March

Thank you all for great answers. After I posted my initial question, I found the "My Experience" on the WD website. It has some great answers......not as good as TA people though. Thanks again.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
442 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney World in March

I have enjoyed my trips in March Penguins. I dont remember when easter was the years I have been, but I feel like the crowds were heavy at times, but not like summer or christmas. I enjoyed the weather as well compared to summer and christmas.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
442 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney World in March

Texas: I love that you are taking a trip for spring training games. This is a dream I have when my boys get a little older.

7. Re: Disney World in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:17